new kid on tha block !

This forum is here for NT members to organise meets and/or Cruises in their area..
paddles
Regular

Post by paddles »

the g161 out of the coupe WHICH IS GONE :P that means mags for stewie soon. gonna go round and grab em next weekend for ya.
umm when you say it has no rails at all, do you mean its just a seat with holes in the bottom? have you seen it?
orange_gem
Regular

Post by orange_gem »

yeah i think it just has hole in the bottom. its a fixed back. he said i doesnt come with rails. i asked him for a pic but i want it anyways the one at autobarn is $600. who would pay that for a seat?

yessssssssssss i get the flash ones. :D :D :D :D so alex you want to do this tapping while im at your getting rims on the weekend?
Keepin it sideways in the territory
paddles
Regular

Post by paddles »

err tapping for what? temp or vac or somethin?
shoulda jumped on the autotecnica on boost thats a good seat and had rails. ah well. depends on the shapoe of the seat as to how you would make the rails. but the idea is to make an adaptor plate to bolt the gem rails up to the seat. that way you still have the forward and back seat adjustment.
orange_gem
Regular

Post by orange_gem »

temp gauges please. if you dont have to do homework.

i was just gonna leave it in the one place cause im the only one who will be driving it anyways. can i take the rails off the standard and mod the saas?

im gonna put thin profiles on the front and bigger one on the rear so it sticks up :D

i want my car to do this!!!

Last edited by orange_gem on Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paddles
Regular

Post by paddles »

Cant just tap a thread while you're over here. should take manifold off, tap it, put it back in. Remember you're also gonna have to mount it again when you put the twins on as the manifold is different.
It'll be easier to use standard rails anyway so might as well. you cant really modify the seat to suit if it has no rails at all, you'll need to make a plate for it.
orange_gem
Regular

Post by orange_gem »

yeah ill wait for the downs. can i put them on the g161? want more power. 2 birds with 1 stone. will it be hard to do?

what sort of plate? how big?

might ask the bloke for a quote for the exhaust. you reckon 2.5in all the way with 1 muffler? in the middle somewhere so it looks all the way through?
orange_gem
Regular

Post by orange_gem »

nice work in the vk

paddles
Regular

Post by paddles »

I could recommend something for your exhaust, but seriously go talk to Andy at TPL about it and he will steer you down the right path. He knows his s*#t!
nice pic by the way :P
you could put the downs on the g161 if ya wanted, they'd be way too big for it and it'd be boggey as all hell down low. But would be quicker up top. probably not worth it with teh auto and everything though. but you can definately do it
I dunno how big the plate has to be without seeing the seat.
Gem...
Regular

Post by Gem... »

so did ya get the gem going good??
paddles
Regular

Post by paddles »

DARRERRRRN!!!!! well got it going, whipped a bit of a skid up the street. twins need a bit of a clean though. And should bleed brakes before uni tomoro too, they are all mushy :D
orange_gem
Regular

Post by orange_gem »

where is it? ill probably go on thursday. when i get it ill have you he demensions for the base or do i just cover that?

ill wait til i get the g200. its gonna be forever. this pay you will have a nice big fat cash thing your way. 500 or so. you going to powercruise?
paddles
Regular

Post by paddles »

yay for money! :P TPL is in coconut grove. can never remember teh street name though... should be in the phone book.
That first sentence, i have no idea what you said. something about dimensions :P

ooh drive it like you stole it aye
orange_gem
Regular

Post by orange_gem »

when i get the seat ill give you the demension. do you just put a piece of metal on the bottom? is it a big place?
Gem...
Regular

Post by Gem... »

that seat of pure SX is pretty big and bright yellow if its the one he used to have in his ricy rolla!!! :lol:

awsome... skids!!! 8)

hot gemini is back :wink:
orange_gem
Regular

Post by orange_gem »

hot gemini? who that or what that? so im gonna get it retrimmed anyways.