What was your First Car?

This Forums is here for off topic discussion.. Please keep it partially relevant to the site.. we don’t really need to know what u had for breakfast..
crazy
Regular

Post by crazy »

my first car was a 1983 tg zz/z (unconfirmed to be original) gemini, i bought it for $800 and then painted it blue, airbrushed the entire dash and center console, and pretty much drove it that way for about 2 years or so, then the motor blew up and i was having it changed but decided i needed a newer car for work and why not when u can claim it on tax,

so i bought a 2003 mitsubishi lancer i sold the gem eventually after stuffing the second motor and continued to do up the lancer, 17" mags, exhaust, lowered, then after having it lowered for about 4weeks my girlfriend and i decided to trade her in and buy a 2004 vy ss commodore which we still have and will be getting modified soon hopefully!

i also had a tx coupe (cammys race car now) and a td wagon (someone on this forum now owns her) but never got round to doing much to either of them.

i also sold the tg zz/z after blowing up the second motor, and a few years ago i saw i driving around and followed the guy and talked him into selling if back to me, now she is completely stripped and undergoing a complete rebuild

matty
MagentaGem
n00b

Post by MagentaGem »

My first car was a TE Red Gemini with mass i mean mass about of rust eating through it but at that point i didn't know to much about cars.... It was the louds biggest pain in my arse i was always in the shop and costing me a pretty penny.... One day just over 6months later after paying $450 to get it out of the shop for breaking the sincros (spelling ??) between first and second it got stolen from me!!! :( :(

Found it three weeks later burnt!!!! i dont really have any photos of it but hey if it wasn't for that i would never have the car i have today (TE Magenta Gem) and would never have meet the people i have :D

A bad story with a great ending :lol:
yldgem
Long Term Member

Post by yldgem »

A white TE gemini, lasted 3 weeks :cry:
dagwood
Regular

Post by dagwood »

cream TE, still have it :D

Stock as a rock

cranked over 80,000 kays last week!!!!!!

low_gem
n00b

Post by low_gem »

dagwood wrote:cream TE, still have it :D

Stock as a rock

cranked over 80,000 kays last week!!!!!!

bahahahahahahahaah thats funny thats exactly the same as my first car that i still have
looks abit different now but not much
thats f*#cking cool well done dude

dudley
Loz
Regular

Post by Loz »

I guess i thought it was cool at the time. Shouldnt have bought it though. After i got rid of the rust it was driven a bit, then wrecked, chopped up with an angle grinder and taken to the tip in a box trailer, and that was almost the whole car!
FOR SALE: 1984 TG sedan, g161, EFI, GT28 turbo, plenty of new bits, has done no more than 2000 km in the 15 years I have had it.
Husky89
n00b

Post by Husky89 »

1991 mitsubishi magna elite :D really nice interior, big bulky car tho that had a turning arc the size of texas
becza

Post by becza »

a red blog stock gemini called millie the big red monster. filled with cathairs and pre loved by a 80yr old woman!!, didnt have it long.............. :oops:
http://b1.lilypie.com/Ncnip11.png
if you invest in beauty it will remain with you all the days of your life
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Datsun

Post by Jonno »

Dato 180B SSS Coupe.
Some mechanic did it for his girl friend. Smashed the front end first drive. Me and my mate got a hold of it play around then his brother smashed the windscreen and lost the keys :( Its days of cruisen the streets where over and it became a sick rally car.
Now lives at the wreckers in canberra, well whats left of it...
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
black'n'blueGem
Regular

Post by black'n'blueGem »

Bought it stock in 2001. Built it for 4 years while i didnt have a licence. Got my P's and bingo!
Current Ride - VT S Pak
Current Project - 305 Vortec Chev Rodeo
MCAgembooger
Regular

Post by MCAgembooger »

1990 magna wagon. slow as f*#k, handled like a dinosaur on rollerskates, had nowere near the grunt you'd expect from a 2.6...

but you could fit 4 guys and their boards, it was comfy as, and i drove it from launceston (Tas) to Kalbarri (WA) and back in the middle of summer and all it needed was a new water-pump :)
Slavery: gets s*#t done...
gemiboy001
n00b

mine was

Post by gemiboy001 »

mine would have to be my green gemini in the backyard i didnt feel like fixing it up anymore so i took the engine gbox diff seats anything usable out of it and sold it then cut it up hehe i saved up a few dollers got my current tg blue and white at a bargain as he didnt know what was wrong with it i have seen pictures of my car at jambo 2005 same paint same wheels same sticker on window i have now owned it for 1year and a half and rebuilt everything on it due to lack money im still needing bits and pieces but spose i still want to know what was in it i got told it had a rotary in it before hand but yer the more i work on it the more i find out cheers
marcusTG

Post by marcusTG »

holden gemini 78 td sedan..
lowrider_tg
n00b

Post by lowrider_tg »

my absolute first car was a ford rs2000 until i rote it off like a week later in the wet and then i had a gemmy in my driveway nearly ever since!
If a muzza gives ya attitude
Drop him on the spot
Drop him on the spot
Drop him on the spot
christfgem
Chatterbox

Post by christfgem »

TE gemini stock as a rock besides the simmonds.