What was your First Car?

This Forums is here for off topic discussion.. Please keep it partially relevant to the site.. we don’t really need to know what u had for breakfast..
cort
n00b

Post by cort »

mine was an 87 mitsi colt. it was a piece of s*#t but I loved it. I called it whiplash coz it was an auto and when it would finally kick into 2nd gear the whole car jolted and hurt everyone's neck.
OLDSCHOOL
Regular

Post by OLDSCHOOL »

Mine was a VH commodore with a 308 back in 1993. I luved that car till it was stolen and then i bought my first gemini coupe. luved that car also.
PR90GT

Post by PR90GT »

mine was a 1965 isuzu bellett sedan
toy550
n00b

Post by toy550 »

Mine was a 1979 TD gemini sedan that i bought off an old nanna. It was british racing green with free rust.
JackTheCat
n00b

first car

Post by JackTheCat »

mine was a 1962 datsun bluebird
cdtpf60
Regular

Post by cdtpf60 »

1965 prince skyline a150
first road car datsun 1600 with 180b sss motor
happiness is a cdt pf60 race car
now being worked on!!!!!!!
hobo13b
n00b

Post by hobo13b »

TF Gemini, and drove it into the ground! I didn't know how lucky i was to have an immaculate and rust free gemini! I miss it and i am on the lookout for another one!
DryftKult
Long Term Member

Post by DryftKult »

td gemini, rubbed back to bare metal, freshley primed, got the door jambs and engine bay painted and a freshly rebuilt 2ltr with tx big valve head and single 50mm side draught.

ended up selling it to a bloke down the street from us who wanted somthing to drive around while he pulled his v8 vk apart for a rebuild.

he ended up getting the paint finished and a set of dragway 4 spoke indy's, sold the vk 3 months later.

was always kinda proud of that :twisted:
3xZ
Regular

Post by 3xZ »

Muzz/za had an SL/R Torana :shock:

White white black Bonnet, 13.09 at Willowbank 8)

And It was a Six Cyl :shock:

Muzz/za the old dragster :lol:
http://www.cdtcars.com.au/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=view&p=1

CDT "Fun to Drive"

"CDTs WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE"
miss-sanchz

Post by miss-sanchz »

ugh.. you all had awesome first cars..

i had a 1990 nissan pintara. ugh.

granny spec too! :shock:
Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.
SANCHZ

Post by SANCHZ »

i had a fooooly sic datto 1000 deluxe with fred flinstone floors :P hell yeah that was the shizzle...
G161, 2L internals, balanced crank, stage 3 cam, ported head, twin 48's ...
GEM-DEO
Regular

Post by GEM-DEO »

i dont even know what i bought for my first car it was some heap of s*#t for $50 when i was 16 and me and my mates thrashed it and it lasted a few hours :roll:

but when i got my p's i bought a clean as vl, i was the second owner :wink:
blew some cob-webs out of her and was quick as
Dylan - 25 - Gold Coast Qld
See You An Tea
TFHOON
Chatterbox

Post by TFHOON »

well my first car or should i say cars , were torana's . a lc 2 door and a lj 4 door, sadly they wern't the 6cyl versions . they had flat nose's and crappy
90 degree angle over head cam 1.6's. they were also filled with rust and ratshit :shock: . but they did give me a bit of experince in cuting, welding, painting , ect,ect,ect.
my first road registiered car was a white te panelvan , i'm guessing it was taken up to the snowies a fair bit. it had snow radials allround , huge foggies on the front bumper and a fair bit of rust.
but it wasn't a bad car to learn in and did nice burnouts. had a 1.8 in it and i still have the donk sitting in the garage waiting for a rebuild.
beausuf
Regular

Post by beausuf »

my first car and gem was a bunky TE for $900 complete with rusty floor pans and boot and 2 darker blue doors on the drivers side and 400,000kms on the dial but drove amazingly, almost as good as my TG with the rebuild. think the diff was f*cked, sometimes it would kick both on road then it would pull single peggers on grass :S then desire for a proper project grew so i started the hunt, after owning my TE for bout 7months i sold it and miss it :( and now have my TG/project/daily. Im still yet to get a proper job to fund my obsession.

it actualy looks pretty dam clean in this pic. Found out the car is now dead :( drove perfect when i had it and she had it for a week and the alternator went and then she did the breaks and the master cylinder? now sits out in the rain i think.