Next Car

This Forums is here for off topic discussion.. Please keep it partially relevant to the site.. we don’t really need to know what u had for breakfast..

what should i go with?

gem
29%
bmw e46
13%
series IV supra
8%
s15
29%
other
21%

Total votes: 24

stubbsy212
Regular

Post by stubbsy212 »

Dealers are a rip off.

Get out the trading post :)

Half the stuff that ends up in dealers yards is from the autions, sometimes even repaired write offs.

Dodgy

Cheers Nick
charliebrown069
Regular

Post by charliebrown069 »

i need finance though. i havent tried the bank tho yet. i doubt they will give it too me. they refused a few months ago. but fingers crossed
stubbsy212
Regular

Post by stubbsy212 »

charliebrown069 wrote:i need finance though. i havent tried the bank tho yet. i doubt they will give it too me. they refused a few months ago. but fingers crossed
yeh fair enough, reading fine print is a must though, the finance can be and usually is dodgyer than the dealers lol

Cheers Nick
Germinator
Long Term Member

Post by Germinator »

Think about it, if the bank refuse you they have a reason. If the car yard will finance you they are going to look at you as a high risk. They see the credit rating same info the bank see AND they see you applied with the bank and were refused. Car dealers offer the most expensive finance to people who can least afford it. Usually the car is collateral BUT the real value of the car is only what they can get at a repo auction, normally no more than a quarter of what you will be paying for it. My advice would be to not take yard finance especially if they insist you sign up right there and then without giving you the option to take the info away and look at it in depth. If the bank refuse you then accept your situation isn't ideal for completing a loan repayment. The difference in overall payment could be nearly doubled if you do take the yard option. So a cash price car costing $3000 could cost you more like $6000-7000 if you go with their loan.

A lot of yards offer GE finance... have a look at their site, straight out into applications with no info there to see what you are buying. Their info regarding fees and interest rates etc. is not immediately obvious but if you look hard you'll find it. I bet the yard don't mention that side of it without you asking for it.

I do not give permission for anyone to reproduce content from my posts.
Reposting any of my forum posts (or substantial parts thereof) breaches the copyright act.
charliebrown069
Regular

Post by charliebrown069 »

hmmm, autech s15 makes same power as the turbo model. 8)
but that commo. dayemn