anyone go clubbing in qld? might want to check this out..

This Forums is here for off topic discussion.. Please keep it partially relevant to the site.. we don’t really need to know what u had for breakfast..
redzone (coxy)
Long Term Member

anyone go clubbing in qld? might want to check this out..

Post by redzone (coxy) »

GARAGE REDZONE sunshine coast ph 07 54433507

1975 TX coupe 4ZD1 efi turbo 10.787 @ 123/128
1977 TC Fashion Pack sedan draw through turbo
1984 TG PF60E dohc Group A racecar
1984 TG Panelvan
2006 Crewman SS 6.0
suprafrog
Regular

Post by suprafrog »

this is bulls*#t, youre only just getting into it at 2am, its only going to force drunk people onto the streets earlier and cause more s*#t, not to mention forcing up drink and entry prices to cover for the lost hours..
GEM-DEO
Regular

Post by GEM-DEO »

This is f*#cked most of the time 12 is about the time I get into Surfers
* In November 2005 London extended its drinking hours and lifted its lockout to battle the number of assaults and drunken behaviour; it worked and continues to be extended further.
* The London tests have found that binge drinking decreased overall because patrons could spread out their drinking over a longer period of time.
* There is no proof that a lockout will decrease violence or decrease drinking, only evidence to the contrary as more people spill out onto the street.
this idea makes a lot more sense in my eyes
Dylan - 25 - Gold Coast Qld
See You An Tea
suprafrog
Regular

Post by suprafrog »

GEM-DEO wrote:This is f*#cked most of the time 12 is about the time I get into Surfers
* In November 2005 London extended its drinking hours and lifted its lockout to battle the number of assaults and drunken behaviour; it worked and continues to be extended further.
* The London tests have found that binge drinking decreased overall because patrons could spread out their drinking over a longer period of time.
* There is no proof that a lockout will decrease violence or decrease drinking, only evidence to the contrary as more people spill out onto the street.
this idea makes a lot more sense in my eyes
heaven forbid that the government moves away from its onesided views and tries a method thats actually proven to work..
meanzah
Regular

Post by meanzah »

so stupid...

with all the knob ends getting around clubs here it makes no difference what time they leave..pretty funny sometimes though
They think they've got me by the balls but they don't - their hands aren't big enough.
Bernie Ecclestone
headstrong
Regular
Location: putting my pets on facebook because i cbf paying them attention unless its online...

Post by headstrong »

they tried this in melbourne... it didnt work... they scrapped it i believe... just send plenty of emails and letters etc into the state governments office... and overwhelm your local council with letters etc about it...
Scroll down for the meaning of life.
zep
Long Term Member

Post by zep »

They tried to initiate this in Auckland too, barely got past the idea stage. No one would have a bar of it (getit? :P).
j_portgemini

Post by j_portgemini »

this is crap BUT there is a lot od idiots out there that a stupid drinkers and are causing to much s*#t later in the morning i think they are trying to knock off 1 hour of drinking and put prices up to try and stop this over drinking i dont think it will happen but as a security gaurd it may help with the problem all just get people to sink more piss before 2 am so there is no good outcome just the same issue i see alot of people between 1 - 3 am smash down alot and that is when the trouble starts the only way to control these people is physical force brcause there is no comunication when you are that intoxicated. thats my input anyways. as i said it may not change anything.
cheers

PLEASE DONT STRIKE BACK AT ME FOR THIS IT IS JUST MY OPINION ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FENCE
suprafrog
Regular

Post by suprafrog »

j_portgemini wrote:i think they are trying to knock off 1 hour of drinking
its alot more than 1 hour, clubs dont close at 3, current lock out at most clubs is 2 am, so they're taking 2 hours there, plus the other few hours after that..
j_portgemini wrote:put prices up to try and stop this over drinking
putting drink prices up has nothing to do with the new planned closing hours, club owners are going to have to put up entry and drink prices to cover the loss of not being open a few hours longer..
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

sunshine coast introduced a 1.30am lockout maaany years ago , and clubs shutting at 3am..

Its happening because of all the drunk morons who cause trouble weekend after weekend , too stupid to realise its them creating the damage.

this wouldnt happen if alcohol didnt cause aggression/depression etc

its life.. get used to it...

When i lived on the coast , the clubs were open till 6am , then curfew came in , i actually dont remember a big stink about it.. most people accepted it from what i remember
Getting too old for this s*#t!!
Gemi Coupe
Long Term Member

Post by Gemi Coupe »

LOK15 wrote: When i lived on the coast, the clubs were open till 6am, then curfew came in, i actually dont remember a big stink about it. most people accepted it from what i remember
yep. 99% of the people who bitch and whinge about it are the idiots who cause the problem for the rest of us.
The other 1% are the legitimate people who OWN the pubs and clubs and are worried about a loss of trading.
redzone (coxy)
Long Term Member

Post by redzone (coxy) »

most of the violence in the valley is due to people waiting an excessive amount of time for transport whether it be in a taxi or bus line, a simple solution would be to increase the nightlink services but unfortunately over a decade of shithouse labor government up here has seen the state go broke even through a resources boom..

bottom line is the state cant afford to run more public transport so they are pushing this little extra infringement on our civil liberties which will impress the old codgers at least.. even though it wont work. the 3am lockout hasnt worked, it's only made the violence worse.
GARAGE REDZONE sunshine coast ph 07 54433507

1975 TX coupe 4ZD1 efi turbo 10.787 @ 123/128
1977 TC Fashion Pack sedan draw through turbo
1984 TG PF60E dohc Group A racecar
1984 TG Panelvan
2006 Crewman SS 6.0
Gemi Coupe
Long Term Member

Post by Gemi Coupe »

yea, everyone gets the s*)ts waiting for a cab, but being drunk and getting the s*)ts leads to the voilence.
If everyone was sober (scary thought at 3am :shock: ) then there would be almost no biffo.
headstrong
Regular
Location: putting my pets on facebook because i cbf paying them attention unless its online...

Post by headstrong »

zep wrote:They tried to initiate this in Auckland too, barely got past the idea stage. No one would have a bar of it (getit? :P).
yer i get it.. bar is in the sound sheep make... so in other words you f*#cked it.. the lockout and the sheep yer??
Scroll down for the meaning of life.
suprafrog
Regular

Post by suprafrog »

headstrong wrote:
zep wrote:They tried to initiate this in Auckland too, barely got past the idea stage. No one would have a bar of it (getit? :P).
yer i get it.. bar is in the sound sheep make... so in other words you f*#cked it.. the lockout and the sheep yer??
f*#cking lmao..