Pro Rally Enterprises Introduces Custom LSD Centres

Have you got a great deal to offer all the members of OzGemini? If so Post the details here.
This is not for Private "for sale" add's
beevus

Post by beevus »

sorry guys, but the diff isn't in a car atm, and wont be for a while. i'm not even driving a gem atm, i have 3 and none are on the road.

i might have it in a car some time soon, but i really dont know when.

cheers.
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

hows that stock coupe ya got going
DryftKult
Long Term Member

Post by DryftKult »

ask the diff builder this, does the modification of the centre weaken it in any way?

I have seen stock diffs put up with a lot of curry, usually the torque tubes or axles go before anything else, have seen very few centres bite the dust, one of the 2 I have broken in the past broke from cracks in the ring gear, the other broke a spider gear which was worn as s*#t.
beevus

Post by beevus »

what you give us for a centre does not get cut/welded/heated excessivley or anything to alter the centre itself unless is deemed necessary by our diff expert, and then we get him to fix it. (he's had a lot of experience with gears and is specifically a diff/gearbox guy)

so the spider gears and housing should be just as strong.

the issue, however, is that the spring pack is not as strong as you could have as it has other requirements to meet, other than to just lock up the spider gears. For instance it must not rotate freely itself, it must fit in the limited space provided, it must provide sufficient resistance to the spinning spider gears to provide drive to both wheels. etc.

so it really is not possible to make them much stronger, unless you go to a physically larger diff, an which case you might as well get a diff with a better designed and stronger lsd component.

my coupe is going great, although the only engine i have that runs is a g200, so i need an engineers. planning on having it by friday (going for weighbridge test and noise test tomoz, yes i still have the stock engine). then roady, and i've fixed everything the engineer wanted me to fix (merley a cover so he couldn't stick his fingers into the fan).

cheers,
-Beevus
BUR75
Regular

Post by BUR75 »

did you tell him geminis dont have fan shrouds. therefore it is stock.
charliebrown069
Regular

Post by charliebrown069 »

over 6500 views, hows this coming along?
lukes_tg
Regular

Post by lukes_tg »

has anyone bought one yet?

t3/t4 haltech powered forged 4ze1 gemini in the build
geminilover3236
Long Term Member

Post by geminilover3236 »

Been reading though this too several times. Interested as well. God I wish I lived in melbourne.

Observation, all videos have been in the dry, just wondering how it'd go in the wet.

I'm fairly convinced by what i've seen so far as you can clearly see in the video of the burnout that there are 2 tyre marks planted on the road.

In the wet though, Im thinking it would work quite well.
beevus

Post by beevus »

look, i know i'm selling them, but i'm not doing the work, nor do i care if they sell anymore. due to now having a full time job and each of these diffs not paying much to me after all the coin that goes into the buisness and then splitting the scraps.

i liked my diff. i now know why that car was shite at the burnouts, i had lost compression between not only 2 and 3 but 1 and 2 as well as 3 and 4... so... i dare say it used to go like the clappers, but time got the best of it. i plan on putting it in my TD SL/E coup, but it's granny spec so i feel a bit bad doing it, but that will happen at some point.

someone did buy one and i asked them to leave feedback, they said they had not tried it yet, and that they would leave feedback when they had. they were nice to us and we had some troubles with them which i dare say may have been our fault (i dont know, i wasn't at that end) with postage.

the goal of this kind of diff and what they were intended for was not to leave nice rails but to increase traction which i dare say they did. i could take off in the wet about as fast as i could in the dry (pre lsd).

anyone can come and have a look at the car which has the diff although it no longer runs, but i can prove that it limits slip...

as for not living in melbourne, it doesn't really cost that much to send us a centre, after what i admit is an exorbetant price, if cheaper than most alternatives.

i'm an honest guy, call me, my partner is also an honest guy, call him.

we don't aim to cheat. - quote me!

Pro Rally Enterprises
"Making it safer"

Andrew 0424 581 743

Chris 0423 040 479
jayz4ze1t
n00b

Re: LSD center

Post by jayz4ze1t »

I had a center modified by the boys @ pro rally was a gud experience great customer service also very fast for getting the job dun the boys were very helpful highly recommended & will be going back
Thanks guys.
tettgem
Regular

Post by tettgem »

are you still making these? if so, after tax some time next year, i maybe interested in one, whilst twins will be good, i am hoping to supercharge and efi my gem, and want to be able to give it the boot, with out spinning a single miles up the road. ill also happily give it enough sh!t to test it out if others are still interested.
te sl, manual convert finally, 5 speeds of AWESOMENESS!
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 32bae824a1 < my gem :)
OTD 079
Regular

Post by OTD 079 »

I am not sure if this one is still available. You can check out this one which is more recent than this one
viewtopic.php?t=41186
Cheers,
Matthew
robbbbo666
Regular

Re: Pro Rally Enterprises Introduces Custom LSD Centres

Post by robbbbo666 »

Anything still happening with this?
G180 TG Wagon
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Re:

Post by Jonno »

beevus wrote:i'm an honest guy, call me, my partner is also an honest guy, call him.

we don't aim to cheat. - quote me!

Pro Rally Enterprises
"Making it safer"

Andrew 0424 581 743

Chris 0423 040 479
Give them a call?

I doubt it though. I recall someone buying one said it wasn't so flash with anything with power.
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw