Frederick Stienheld
Site Admin

Tom's Yellow TD Gemini

Post by Frederick Stienheld »

Sorry guys, no info on this gem. Just pics

Boosted TG
Regular

Post by Boosted TG »

wow!! thats really nice, i like it alot . . . colour and mags look good together
one
Long Term Member

Post by one »

i want it
Geminis4ever
Regular

Post by Geminis4ever »

Thats a mad lookin TD!!!! I want it 2 :D
well cant help wanting every TD I see He He :lol:
gemigirl
n00b

Post by gemigirl »

Gotta Love a hot TD!!

in love :D
orange_gem
Regular

Post by orange_gem »

i was just wondering what the little pod filter looking thing is??? can u put one on the standard engine?
Keepin it sideways in the territory
Boosted TG
Regular

Post by Boosted TG »

orange_gem wrote:i was just wondering what the little pod filter looking thing is??? can u put one on the standard engine?
yes u can!!
Gerkin
n00b

Post by Gerkin »

Thats a veery nice lookin gemi. nice n clean. Grill on the front should have been black or chrome though i reckon. no not chrome just black. yellow looks weird. but apart from that very nice.
orange_gem
Regular

Post by orange_gem »

will it have any benifit? can i fit a new air filter on it and remove to big metal thing? like your holley one? if so where you pick one up?
Gene FJ20DEBT
Supreme Overlord

Post by Gene FJ20DEBT »

u mean the little one on the oil breather? or the ram flow on the carby?
"No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough."

draevon
Regular

Post by draevon »

I saw this car running around Coronation Drive. I tried to catch up to him but couldn't get through the traffic. Looks pretty nice on the road.
orange_gem
Regular

Post by orange_gem »

both of the filters. i really want to get rid of that stupid circle filter.
draevon
Regular

Post by draevon »

The small one is an oil breather filter. You can get them from Autobarn, or Supercheap has nice little Monza ones now for about $14 in 2 different styles and 4 different colours. They come with 4 different size mounting rubbers too so you can't go wrong.

The bigger on is a ram flow air filter, also try Autobarn for that. You'll need a different type depending on what carby you have. If you're still running the nikki you'll need one to suit an 80mm round mount. For a ramflo that's part number RF616S (oval shape - about $58) or RF1016SS (larger triangle shape - about $75). They bolt on pretty easily. The other usual option is a 9 inch chrome filter which just runs a standard paper filter in a nice shiney chrome screw down housing. You can pick these up from Autobarn or Thompsons from a few different brands (Redline etc). Probably looking at about $40-$50.

.draevon
orange_gem
Regular

Post by orange_gem »

thanks heaps ill have to go get then when i get paid, do they have any power advantages? i reckon they would look sweet as on my standard as heel 77 tc
draevon
Regular

Post by draevon »

You'll probably notice a slight improvement because you'll be reducing the restriction on air coming into the engine. It's nothing massive but it's a good start and something you'll want to do eventually anyways. It also looks a lot better with a less cluttered engine bay. The little breather filter isn't about performance but rather something you have to do if you take off the big filter housing. You can plumb the breather back into the ramflo if you want, but for $14 you may as well just get a little filter. They look better too.

If you want to see how your car will feel without the big snorkel, just undo the wingnut and take the lid off (take the filter out too so it doesn't bounce around) and take it for a drive. That's roughly what it will sound and feel like with an aftermarket filter.