CHEVINI MK I (TC HATCH)

This Forum is here for any members who have any other Isuzus or Opels from around the world (or Australia) that they wish to post up pictures of. EG; bellets, I marks, luvs, rodeos, piazzas, chevettes, kaddets etc… Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
Crazytim

Post by Crazytim »

Twin weber set up I will be using in this chevini. Going on G200 rebuilt thats currently in red work wagon.
Crazytim

Post by Crazytim »

This is the monster 4 banger 1256cc that I was using... thrashed and sluggish... G200 bolt straight in with custom gearbox x member. Twin Webers, Lukey 4n1 headers, 5 speed, PHAT!
Crazytim

Post by Crazytim »

Everyone should be so lucky! The green one is going to be recieving a lush green TF Gem front... TF hatch lol mean!
Crazytim

Post by Crazytim »

Crazytim

Post by Crazytim »

Crazytim

Post by Crazytim »

the above pic was when it was having the vette front unpicked so the doner gem nosecone could be fitted.
Crazytim

Post by Crazytim »

this bitch about to have major work done on it. G200z, twin Weber IDF40s, Lukey Xtractors, 5spd, Gem wagon diff (hatch has same angle shock set up as wag) rust repairs and probably re-bomb it stain black.
Carbs are being rebuilt at the moment and car will be collected and taken ino the shop next week or maybe the week after (mechanic/fabricator dude is finsihing off an SR20det Convo on a starlet at the moment. Needs to get it out of his shop 1st)
Will update as I get shots, can't f*#kn wait this car has been sitting for too long!
Crazytim

Post by Crazytim »

This dirty little girl is about to get a birthday... getting picked up tomorrow by a Tow truck and being taken to a shop in Glenfield to recieve a G200z Piazza 2L, 5 spd box, Twin IDF40s (recoed, just picked up today) Lukey Extractors, and a Gemini diff.
Also will have all rust dealt to and will be refinished in satin black.
Have been preparing her for collection past few weeks, had to degrease and re spray-bomb the engine bay, clean/degrease/paint front x-member and put back into car and generally just scratch around for the zillions of parts I need from my hoarders stash.

Heres pics... (forgot to get some of carbs but will do, another top notch job from CSL)

Bloody steering union doesn't reach column shaft... will have to measure other spares...
Crazytim

Post by Crazytim »

Last pic for tonight, exciting front x member has been out since xmas 2008... there is about to be a load of progress all at once on this... can't fckn wait!
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

Yeah sick cant wait for updates ,vids even .. Never Knew There was Piazza G200Z motors. thort they were only Rodeo/Jackaroos
And the Tf Hatch sounds Cool too ..Nice work .
Crazytim

Post by Crazytim »

GEMWRC wrote:Yeah sick cant wait for updates ,vids even .. Never Knew There was Piazza G200Z motors. thort they were only Rodeo/Jackaroos
And the Tf Hatch sounds Cool too ..Nice work .
Yea dont think ozzie got the G200z Piazza... ours are from Japan land though, think the Holden ones were locally assembled...

Thinking of using all the injection gear from the G200z on a G161z later on just for lol's sure as fuk wont chuck it.

Should have heaps of pics flowing as this progresses watch this space!
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

yeah do it!! everyone injects G series with piazza / rodeo gear here .. mine TG has a G200Z with aG161 head andwith rodeo injection and delco computer approx 100hp @ wheels
Encyclopedia Ronnie
Long Term Member

Post by Encyclopedia Ronnie »

tx hatch = pure sex maate i love the work keep it up if onli we had them over here
Yes, i do still own my coupe, Yes it is still registered and running and ATM driven daily.

oh and NO its not painted yet
Crazytim

Post by Crazytim »

Probably only a couple of grand to ship and you can pick up a fairly tidy runner for $1000NZD, Roughly $1000 plus donor parts for frontal conversion unless you're handy with a welder you could have one for $4000 and the rarity of it probably not lose any/much $$$ if you had to sell... you'd be a celebrity on ozgem thats for sure :lol:
Crazytim

Post by Crazytim »

Bloody steering union doesn't reach column shaft... will have to measure other spares...

It has been suggested that maybe the shear pin in the column is severed and the shaft has collapsed somewhat and could be pulled back out... duhhhhhh.

Lil bummed, not going in shop till thurs now but is going, stay positive...
Dude has 2x TG sedans in there at the moment one of which is halfway thru getting parted out which is cool for me as I can steal a heap of parts for my Chevini from it. The other is a colleague of the mechanic who has just had some rust sorted, car is going to recieve a suck thru turbod G180z, something a bit different.

He also has an SR20 Starlet with amazing fab work and a sweet Cefiro drifter on his hoists. Starlet is what slowed down my car going in... nearly done though!