Cul8r's Chevette #4

This Forum is here for any members who have any other Isuzus or Opels from around the world (or Australia) that they wish to post up pictures of. EG; bellets, I marks, luvs, rodeos, piazzas, chevettes, kaddets etc… Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
CUL8R
n00b

Cul8r's Chevette #4

Post by CUL8R »

Take 4 - well this is number 4 chevette - first chevette sedan, and in total my 7th 'T' Car.. (chevette hatch x3, gemini sedan x1, gemini wagon x2 - also wrecked two piazza's)
Well About time I posted up some photos..

Chevette, drooling oil, well more like raining but anyway...
Plans... Lets wait and see how it pans out..

On the hunt for a pair of Porsche Highback bucket seats - anywhere!
CUL8R
n00b

Post by CUL8R »

So after lugging around this diff for around 1 & 1/2 months in the back of the wagon (how many of you can put a diff in the back of your car?) After stumbling awake at 3pm (was awake for 23 hours thanks to the girlfriend :lol: ), I decided pull it out and put it in..
Full nolathanes throughout, cheers to Prozac our friendly parts supplier, also for tig'n up the diff hat and giving it a lick of paint! I made new gaskets for it and assembled, also the ZZ/T diff was missing the input shaft, so I bought a complete torque tube and swapped it over..
Whats so special about this diff? well look closer and you see factory discs! Also must mention thanks to the old man, lent him the wagon (with diff in it, whilst I took a car trailer back for him) and he degreased and waterblasted the diff!
After putting the diff in, I had to make some small adjustments, mainly a extention of the brake hose, and redrilling the torque tube mounts around 15mm each side further inward
Last edited by CUL8R on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CUL8R
n00b

Post by CUL8R »

Put my koni's in along with springs, sat quite nicely, then my friendly neighbourhood bogan (aka Bart) pushed it a bit further up the street, and into his driveway where I replaced the whole front end with nolathane once again, new balljoints, tierod ends etc etc.. Also bolted on the 13x7 Rostyles onto the 230mm piazza front discs..
Dragged it back down the street after having to put the bikkies back on the rear - had 3mm between rear guard and tire with the 13x8's (unlipped) before we bled the brakes, after having some load on the car, it settled onto the tire, so slight change of plans in the rear spring department.. (current rears are just uncaptive, ideally need 1-2 more coil winds to be captive)
Anyone with a keen eye may spot a couple of other differences, stainless aerial, and engelmann mirrors (came with the konis from germany) And a front spook I made up from a EP81 starlet
CUL8R
n00b

Post by CUL8R »

This is donating some parts... (Shaun ZZ/R was going to be using this, but has changed direction so now shall be mine :twisted: )

CUL8R
n00b

Post by CUL8R »

Have 1x G180W and 1x G200W at my disposal, both with gearbox's, loom ecu etc. Also know of another G200W..

Havent decided on whether to run the G180W or G200W as of yet, mate is trying to convince me to run a eaton supercharger too..

Have 13x8 Rostyles for the rears, I need to change springs slightly to get them to tuck in nicely without rubbing..

I bought a pair of extractors off elky here, which I plan on using, but more importantly, what other mods does anyone recommend for the twincams

I see alot of talk about Delco's?/Changing to a RB dizzy - niether are really that common in NZ. I cant seem to log into the twincam forums at the moment (wont send activation email) so I cant pick their brains over there just yet
TUFFTG
Chatterbox

Post by TUFFTG »

Front of the sedan look wierd :shock: but i like :lol:

** 1983 ZZ/Z Gemini
** 1975 TX Gemini coupe
**Gem Racing TX Drag Car 347rwkw G180 EFI Intercooled Turbo plus Nitros built for 8's
geminilover3236
Long Term Member

Post by geminilover3236 »

DUDE, I love your wagz, so cool, could ya tell me what the rims are on it? I WANT I WANT, love the height also
CUL8R
n00b

Post by CUL8R »

hey mate, no problem.

They're Vauxhall chevette rostyles - steel wheels (only came on GL spec Vauxhall Chevettes - see the pic at the top of the page to see what they originally looked like) Currently on 185/65r13's - have the same rolling diameter as the original wheels - so doesnt stuff up the speedo

Cost me $50 for the set with average tires originally. Got them widened to 13x7 , and then powder coated, I think painted by hand the blackouts..

I've seen a couple of Vauxhall chevettes forsale on Ebay australia so you might be able to track them down..

Yes they fit over standard gemini brakes, and piazza brakes, also fit over the ZZ/T diff disc brakes. Same offset as gemini wheels, same stud pattern.

Also all going to plan, should have the chevettes motor out this weekend, and G180w or g200w in its place!
geminilover3236
Long Term Member

Post by geminilover3236 »

thanks mate, i'll be on the hunt for some now :P
CUL8R
n00b

Post by CUL8R »

See the extractors here and the modified engine mount Bart & I came up with, and more sweet arc welding from his old man. Bought some crackel paint off Prozac (along with a heap more parts & stuff) , paint stripped it, then repainted the cam cover..
Gearbox cross member , using original gearbox rubber. Just need to have plates for ontop of the floor and then thats done..
Bought these sweet porsche 911 recaros awhile back, degreased, fabric softened at work, in work time :lol: They're leather, recon it'd be worth buying some nugget and cleaning them up that way? trying to have a period highback look - dont want recaro fishnets or anything...
Wouldnt believe it unless you saw it yourself, but the chevette rails bolted straight onto the rear porsche seat mounts, the fronts were about 5mm diagonally out.. Drivers seat however had alot more work involved due to the electric adjusters..
Only really means anything to a chevette owner, but I removed the clock, mounted a amp guage, and decided I didnt like the dowel that was left from the clock, so I vacuum moulded a new lense up..
CUL8R
n00b

Post by CUL8R »

Inline filler neck, hiace top hose, Laser bottom hose, to volvo 240 radiator, with outlets swapped over..
Solex bonnet pins, front end painted after I'd dropped the block on the front panel, modified bonnet - After a fibreglass HSR bonnet if anyone is willing to sell ? (Front painted like a Kadett with the pinstripes)
Porsche 911 seats mounted, sliding properly. OMP wheel.. And a sweet badge I havent decided where to put it yet..
Fuel Pump mounted, filter mounted. Low pressure Facet pump - Can be found cheap/free in Subaru Leones.. (exactly the same as the aftermarket facet pumps on trademe)
Oh yea these... 40mm IDF's, rekitted, new throttle shafts & bearings, Trumpets just sitting on whilst bubblebath makes up the manifold

Also , driveshaft finally in, removed old fuel line, connect new fuel line up to pump setup, just the engine bay side to do now..
aussiesport
n00b

Post by aussiesport »

dude i want a set of those four spoke type rims !!!!!!!
Chevette
Regular

Chevette

Post by Chevette »

Mate thats coming along sweet! Im still working on my chevette wagon over here in Aus :D Can I ask mate where you got that bonnet scoop 8)

Ron's Chevette g200z wagon build!!!
CUL8R
n00b

Post by CUL8R »

Its all steel, got a mate to Fabricate it. Trial fit Carbs on manifold this weekend all going to plan!. Im really after a fibreglass HSR bonnet though..
Chevette
Regular

Car

Post by Chevette »

If I ever find one I'll let you know!

Ron's Chevette g200z wagon build!!!