Ron's Chevette

This Forum is here for any members who have any other Isuzus or Opels from around the world (or Australia) that they wish to post up pictures of. EG; bellets, I marks, luvs, rodeos, piazzas, chevettes, kaddets etc… Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
Chevette
Regular

Hagen

Post by Chevette »

Last name :D He owns a performance shop in Enoggera Qld. Hone for $48 bucks so I'm cheering!

Ron's Chevette g200z wagon build!!!
Chevette
Regular

Update

Post by Chevette »

Ok so I have fitted the new tensioners and guides, have aquired two GT40R coils to run the same setup as Troyrotor and have my 32/36 Weber ready to pull down for a rekit and to get some nicer shinier parts :D

Encyclopedia Ronnie
Long Term Member

Post by Encyclopedia Ronnie »

last name is okay still unique ahahah i like the performance shop bit tho somewhat jealous there
Yes, i do still own my coupe, Yes it is still registered and running and ATM driven daily.

oh and NO its not painted yet
Chevette
Regular

Update.

Post by Chevette »

I have some new goodies such as King race bearings, Moly rings, New water pump and what you see... awesome 8)

I have painted the bay black and have got hold of a 1000 watt amp and two 500 watt subs for the back...

I went to the performance shop today to inspect my block and have seen some great work! Stainlees steel Welch plugs, full acid dip and a hone so far... was told I may need a deck as there is a slight groove (so small) between where 3 and 4 cyl are. Thats where the last gasket let go last time from what I have seen so now will get the block decked and possibly bored which also means new pistons and a swap of my ring size as it looks a bit worn. s*#t! :shock:

If I have to get new pistons I will fly cut them and possibly get a new timing cover...

Enjoy :D

Image[/img]

Sorry about the pic quality :oops:

Chevette
Regular

Parts

Post by Chevette »

So I have now ordered brand new pistons and rings and have found out that to use hypertech pistons and have moly rings I need to go 40 thou oversize as there is very limited parts avail or at all going any smaller. This should make a little more power I'm told so am happy to do it. As I have said before I want everything to be fresh so that is a top quality build. This is the first time I have done a comlpete engine rebuild and am learning a lot. Expecially about the expense of it all.... you blokes that have big HP motors have my complete respect!

Oh Yea... the performance shop showed me one of the postons that has collapsed and she wasnt pretty :shock:

Chevette
Regular

Motor

Post by Chevette »

New 40thou pistons and Moly rings have arrived... motor is now ready to put back together... every part is brand spanking new! More pics soon :D

Crazytim

Post by Crazytim »

Hows this going?
Crazytims Chevini (Chevette Hatch with TX Gemini front panels) currently in the build... watch this space!!
http://www.ozgemini.com/forums/non-tech ... 9&start=30
troyrotor
Long Term Member

Post by troyrotor »

He sold it cheap, I think the new owner started a thread but nothing else
MY BUILD viewtopic.php?t=36388 OF THIS s@*tter BELOW