JT150 Isuzu Gemini

This Forum is here for any members who have any other Isuzus or Opels from around the world (or Australia) that they wish to post up pictures of. EG; bellets, I marks, luvs, rodeos, piazzas, chevettes, kaddets etc… Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
daddy's ride
n00b

Post by daddy's ride »

Beautiful car!! great engine :D
I know, my english isn't that good, but how is your dutch :-)
daddy's ride
n00b

Post by daddy's ride »

The turbo high/low button is great, is it original?
I know, my english isn't that good, but how is your dutch :-)
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

yeah its all standard
elky
Gemini Master

Post by elky »

anyone who disses RB's has not been flogged by one of these! they go hard and actually handle, it will flog most rear drive gems....sorry guys but true!
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

Hahhaha yeah weighs a bit less also .. Mate pushed the car to see if it had stiff Suspension and was "like wtf? its hard as" .
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

Jacked out the back tonight ..

Before

The setup

After
Crazytim

Post by Crazytim »

And they say us kiwi's are known for ingenuity! :wink:
good result!
Crazytims Chevini (Chevette Hatch with TX Gemini front panels) currently in the build... watch this space!!
http://www.ozgemini.com/forums/non-tech ... 9&start=30
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

Rattle canned my good Rear bumper today

Last edited by GEMWRC on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

Today i messed around trying to fit my rear bumper , as it came off a 1985 Holden RB Gemini the bumper mounts were different from the jap model.. This meant i had to mess around trying various combos of the rear mounts to try and get it sitting as best as i could , i ended up removing a heap of plastic from inside the bumper ,

Moving the mounts inwards like this pulled the bumper up a lot closer to the body ,.

Last edited by GEMWRC on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

Re-fitted the Rear bumper and mudflaps today. Much happier with the gaps/alignment now .. Then gave the carpet and seats a good Vacuum . .. Besides some fading the carpet and seats come up like new ..
Last edited by GEMWRC on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
NANKERVIS08
Regular

Post by NANKERVIS08 »

elky wrote:anyone who disses RB's has not been flogged by one of these! they go hard and actually handle, it will flog most rear drive gems....sorry guys but true!
i was talking to my dad about em and he said he got one up 180 or something lol

said theyre a pretty good car...
hooking up boost gauges correctly since I installed my first one
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

Your dad got a RB to 180k or one of these Turbo models .. As this one gets up to 160k in 3rd
NANKERVIS08
Regular

Post by NANKERVIS08 »

rb aus model lol
im not 100% though il ask later lol
hooking up boost gauges correctly since I installed my first one
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

So Today i got bored and decided i better give the Irmscher a service .. First was the plugs . Swapped the NGK BPR6ES plugs out for 7's hoping they would be better suited ..

Next was the Air filter . The one in it looked like it had been there a while and being an Japanese import there was no listed filter anywhere . So Odin Autos matched up one from a Mitsubishi Nomad which was near identical to the one needed for my Air box . I also squeezed in some pipe for a lil cold air feed to the front of the standard airbox.

Next was the oil , the windscreen had a oil change/service reminder sticker that had passed about 1000kms back (when i bought it) , good to know it had some love in its life , maybe even regular services !! I ran some oil flush though the motor at idle for 15mins then dropped the oil and removed the filter , to my surprise its the same oil filter as my RWD gemini's use , so i fitted a new one of those up .. Also i could see the starter motor was brand new while i was under there , and the cv boots looked new also.

Before i replaced the oil i wanted to paint the horridd valve cover , so some piping and my accelerator cable was removed . So far all the rubber hoses and pipes seem good and are not perished .

Being a lazy ass and not having a scotch brite pad to remove the old paint , i just cleaned it with some wax and grease remover and hit it with about 5 thick coats.

This is it a few hours later. I may have over done it.. Fitment tomorrow Image
3xZ
Regular

Post by 3xZ »

Looking Great Daz 8)
http://www.cdtcars.com.au/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=view&p=1

CDT "Fun to Drive"

"CDTs WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE"