Isuzu's In The Philippines

This Forum is here for any members who have any other Isuzus or Opels from around the world (or Australia) that they wish to post up pictures of. EG; bellets, I marks, luvs, rodeos, piazzas, chevettes, kaddets etc… Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Isuzu's In The Philippines

Post by GEMWRC »

Some of you may know i went to Cebu City in The Philippines for 3 weeks recently . Heres some pics of my Adventure .

On the way to my Hotel in the busy city .

It doesnt take long to see that Isuzu is huge here , everywhere you look its an Isuzu Sign or Isuzu SUV or small truck - While Gems are all but forgotten i did see some ;) .. This is called an Isuzu Fuego (Rodeo) . These were all Diesel , no 4z motors in rodeos here.

My hotel was surrounded by shops with newer parts like spotlights and supercheap style crap .

The other half of the auto parts stores had mechanical spares , like starter motors gearboxes alternators .

So after searching for most of a day for anything interesting near my hotel i found some badges and bought some stickers in the mall.

This is one of the only things your car or truck has to pass to be allowed on the road . If it blows to much smoke your in trouble . Bald tyres , no problemo .

Spotted this yard full of cool old rims on the way to the beach one day .

Lapu Lapu Beach

Then after a good week checking out the busy city of Cebu i took a short flight to meet some facebook freinds in Manila .

Jp from "The Gemini Diaries" blog / Facebook page sent his driver down to pick us up from the airport in his 1977 SL Coupe. .

That was very cool and made all the taxi attendants drool , he dropped us off at our amazing 5 Star hotel ($146 from Fri to Sun)

After we dumped our stuff off he then dropped us off at the A class mall , which was enormous and like nothing i had seen before .

Then while everyone waits for taxis , i make a quick call and get picked up in style again ! The other tourists were so jealous.

Later on that night Jp picked us up and took us out for dinner . After that we went to visit his freinds , they had made a complete Opel Kadett C GT/E .. It was a very nice replica made with a lot of Opel gear and LHD Isuzu Philippines Gemini body.

Straight up they insisted i try start it . :)

It even had a Irmscher 2.0L with Twin webbers

Ill let the pics talk .

Out the back was a Genuine 2 door Opel Kadett C Sedan . Next build !

Plenty more to come.
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

Saturday morning in Manila . First thing JP picks me up and we go to JDM Wheels for a look around .

These were the 4x100 racks .

After that we had some lunch and checked out some Spotto's .. This was around the back of a workplace near a mall .1977 4 Door Sedan .

Another that has been sitting for a while was this Special edition. Its TG Turbo diesel With an RB grille and ZZ/T wheels

RB Gemini Bumpers . The owner had a fleet of Gemini Taxis at one stage and this one was kept as it was very different to the rest. I have seen similar Irmscher Gemini kits , but not exactly the same as this . Who knows whats going on .

Factory interior , remote shifter , - even had the factory cassette tape holder console.

Then it was back to the hotel where another friend was waiting for me , we were headed off to look for some parts in his Mini .

We didnt have much luck finding the shops we wanted as there are hardly any numbers or street names . We did find some old number plates though

1.3L EFI Mini was a bit bouncy but Zippy through the busy city .

Heading back to the hotel on the Tollway. No speed limits

By the end of the day i had bought some 1977 plates with rego stickers

And some Sprint harts for $330

Later that night we had a small Gemini meeting . coming soon :lol:
shiftyphuka
Regular

Post by shiftyphuka »

bloody nice adventure darren..love the GT/E replica.
78 TD Custom UTE
82 TF Panelvan
78 TD Sedan / Drift Spec
zep
Long Term Member

Post by zep »

Awesome, I want to go to the Philistines badly.

But WHY oh WHY didn't you buy these BADASS rims?

GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

You will love it Zep . They all speak English too .. Those rims - Ewww !! - I dont think i even noticed them ..
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

Am jealous.

Although I do have one of these

Just in 1:64 scale :P
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
zep
Long Term Member

Post by zep »

Haha. I've spent a lot of time browsing Sulit. I want to go over and send back some crates of wheels. Too bad it's like $2000 return from NZ!
ajs991
Long Term Member

Post by ajs991 »

Awesome stuff. That GT/E is fantastic.

Got a good laugh out of that sign too :lol:
List of people I hate: You.
shiftyphuka
Regular

Post by shiftyphuka »

Got a Question for u Darren..Why the Fk were u looking at "Hello Kitty" s*#t ??
78 TD Custom UTE
82 TF Panelvan
78 TD Sedan / Drift Spec
DryftKult
Long Term Member

Post by DryftKult »

hey daz, should get one of your Philippine contacts to liaison between the forum and wheels suppliers to send us wheels :P
MGOTD
Regular

Post by MGOTD »

DryftKult wrote:hey daz, should get one of your Philippine contacts to liaison between the forum and wheels suppliers to send us wheels :P

THIS haha especially if there are any 18" se37k volks there haha
MGOTD
Regular

Re: Isuzu's In The Philippines

Post by MGOTD »

i'm really liking this pic too, and both those coupes are freaking awesome
zep
Long Term Member

Post by zep »

What did your flight cost, and from where? If you don't mind me asking?
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

DryftKult wrote:hey daz, should get one of your Philippine contacts to liaison between the forum and wheels suppliers to send us wheels :P
We talked about this and i asked the owner if they had dealt with sending rims overseas and he wasn't interested . That could change if we buy a whole container - but will it arrive ?

I also couldnt find a cheap "Sea Freight" option while i was there , only "Air freight" .. So i brought them back on the plane and payed the excess .

Return Flight from Perth to Cebu was about $1000 , To Manila return was $120 . .

Ill throw some more pics up later .
Gem13

Post by Gem13 »

Shipping costs are ridiculous, $12 per kg air freight or $200 box sea freight (2 wheels per box)... so around $100 per wheel!

so about $750 + my fee's for 4 wheels? not so cheap I assume..

What did the excess baggage cost for the wheels?

Its called "Balikabayan Box - Reverse Cargo" - its more common to ship in the other direction, Balikabayan meaning filipino which works overseas, they love sending pasalubong back home.

You didnt make it to borocay or palawan? you would have loved borocay Barbie lol you must love your cars...