Isuzu PFD60 Gemini LT . Diesel Auto

This Forum is here for any members who have any other Isuzus or Opels from around the world (or Australia) that they wish to post up pictures of. EG; bellets, I marks, luvs, rodeos, piazzas, chevettes, kaddets etc… Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Isuzu PFD60 Gemini LT . Diesel Auto

Post by GEMWRC »

Hey gang , Your all lucky my still camera is busted so ill just drop some vids here to get this thread started .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55_GlaV ... e=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-hezIy ... e=youtu.be
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Re: Isuzu PFD60 Gemini LT . Diesel Auto

Post by GEMWRC »

Hey dudes . Here is a video of the first start a few months back ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFPex29JURE
Got some pics today for yallll

The Vin plate is a metal sticker next to bonnet catch . Vin stamps are near heater hoses on firewall

The dirty seats are made of a plush, woolen material . Really very nice and should clean up ok . I checked back of the JDM seatbelts for dates and Bammmm My beast is a 1983 wooo !!!

The Horn , lights & everything work . Well almost , it has no tailshaft installed .. I found a small MSG rodeo 5 speed yoke fits the Jap Auto and a Auto shaft measures up the right length

Boot popper is minttttt bro , and not connected ..

The Mint JDM piller antennae is dead , Rust is hard core in both pillars from a visor ????? .. Big rust holes in upper pillar has let water in and rust the lower a pillar

The 1984 Brochure Im reading has 10 Different diesel versions

Im pretty sure mine is a Gemini LT or LT Custom . Not sure what the deal with "custom " is only have a few Jap catalogues .
Clock , Red Paint , My seats , steering wheel , radio . Pretty close , although my dash is 2 tone and cant see evidance mine had fender mirrors ..

Missing bits needed :
2 tone door trims with pockets
Isuzu centercaps
Isuzu Mirrors (similar to rodeo)
Thermostat housing
SLE door bumpstrips
Boot popper plastic cover
1 x inner sunvisor
Pillar Antennae
Jap Door stickers and s*#t
bootlid decals

If anyone has any Isuzu Brown/Tan door trims im keen
cheers Gang
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

Bit late to the party but this is actually pretty fking cool.

Where did you find it?
It's not turbo'd is it?
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

This deadly rig was on Gumtree .

Bloody Automatic NA !!
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

Ahh I see.
Nice score either way!
75 TX Coupe
DrewZa86
Regular

Post by DrewZa86 »

GEMWRC wrote:

Bloody Automatic NA !!
Nothing wrong with that, should make a great daily.
danman wrote:Seriously! A field of rape...
Jonno wrote:No gemini is a good investment
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

Hey guys , This car is almost ready to pop its head out again so I thought I should update this thread .
I uploaded all my pics to photo bucket and will start with some early on pics to show you the state of this car and some random JDM things Holden models dont have ..

Funky roof handles that dont crumble , Perforated roof lining like Holden Diesel models

Diamond look bitumen sheet sound deadening Under that is a plastic sheet with mastic to hold it in place. Behind it was a large foam piece filling the guard cavity .
Box hanging has a dial for adjustment of the AC temp

Carpet covered Kick panels with brown Vinyl piece hanging down under a pillar trim. A piillar trim is some plastic stuff and its all warped like waves in a river.
Headlight Buzzer mounted next to glob plug Timer controller thingo.

Headlight Buzzer

The carpet itself was held down with Mastic . Its a 2 piece rear . PF seat base metal is a different shape to Holden

The C pillar inner covers are hard plastic which have disintegrated from the sun ..
Like a Holden Diesel this car has the semi sealed rear firewall .
The tape holding the fill in cover plates up is found everywhere in this car , holding wiring in place ...
It must be an Isuzu thing ,they are similar to a bandaid material..
The cable is the factory boot popper ..

This , its missing the cover (which i have now sourced)

I ganked the boot popper for my Holden

Japanese Diesel Sticker :)

Diesel Fuel tank was the biggest surprise . Havent cleaned it yet ... :o
There is the bandaids again

Brake light relay .. This was actually missing and my brake lights didnt work with out it . Luckily I had one from some ebay lights .

Taillight harness is quite different . They use different globes also.

Speedo Buzzer

The Consoles and radio surround are cream .. Holden models have Brown tops on the Auto console and Brown radio surrounds

Ok thats all the differences I can find in the photos I have taken so far.. There are a heap more ..
Will add some more of those another time .. Next update will be the start of the Resurrection ..

I found this video of me driving it before i had tranny fluid and brakes ..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNt4OBkX2Tg#t=1.92727
Last edited by GEMWRC on Sun May 08, 2016 4:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

OHH s*#t are my pics too big :( ?
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

Ok guys . I never told the story of this car .. Trust me to get another thread ass about .
I found it on Gumtree a few years ago advertised as an Imported Gemini Diesel , Parts or wrecking .
It seemed like it was on Gumtree forever but it was prob about a week before I decided to pick it up ..
This was the picture on Bumtree .

I rang and organized to view the next day . It was in a truck machinery yard , the land was sold and the owner was clearing out . He also wanted me to take a complete Gemini diesel engine , fan ,rad , box combo all mounted inside a cage that was as a generator or something .
Bill from Wattleup (South of Perth) mentioned he had owned 12 Diesel Geminis in his life and this was the only one he kept , he bought it off an Italian lady in Morley (North).
I asked what happened to them all and he said they all got rusted out or written off .. He knew this was an import but it was pretty hard to get much out of him , like where are the missing red doors and trim , he seemed confused when i asked about them.
Anyway he said the engine runs , so I got it for next to nothing ..

This is a pic i took when i was there . The interior looked like a Diesel mechanics overalls with dust and diesel slime everywhere .. The engine bay had been home to rats , leaving s*#t and fur behind mixed in with the cobwebs which engulfed the open radiator and thermostat holes.. The boot floor and beaver were squashed from sitting the car on a drum or being pushed around the yard ? Anyway the beaver and rusted out boot pan needed replacing ..

So next day i woke up to the car being delivered ,wooo hooo .. I swear my neighbours must think im insane when they see me working on pieces of crap.. There was no tailshaft and the Auto tranny fluid had pissed out onto the tray.. Oops .. This is also when i made the videos i posted earlier . Check it out , if you go 720p you can see the actual mess
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55_GlaV ... e=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-hezIy ... e=youtu.be

This is "Out the back"

Not long after a Gemini Diesel owner and Diesel Mechanic from GemsWA came over and took me through the basics of Gemini Diesel life.. He gave me a Landcruiser Fuel filter Primer pump thing previously and I had fit that already and I had drained the tank from the lowest fuel line in the tank and then filled it with 20L of diesel , I had also flushed coolant passages and rad was not connected .. Lofty gave me some oil cos I forgot , and he also pumped that primer trying to get fuel up lol , We .. well Lofty even tried sucking fuel up from the tank but that wasnt happening so next item from his boot was his jerry can full of diesel (I poured all mine in the tank :( ). We cracked the injectors open and bleed the air out and had some trouble for a while and killed a battery. Then he grabbed his cuta battery out of his Gem and I found the glow plug over ride button someone had installed and bam it goes like a champ.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFPex29JURE

Thats his rig , he found it at a wreckers with a car on top of it. They had done burnouts and melted the mudlfaps ..
Its unbelievable how clean he has got it in the engine bay and its overall one of the best TEs going around .

Moving forward 2 years to 2016 > It was time , I felt inspired , this car wanted to live . I drove the c*#t out from my back yard this time ... I had done some research and the Japanese Gearbox is an Asin Warner T 3 or something , so I got some Juice for the Jap box and bled the brakes , flushed the coolant or should i say brown s*#t for the hundreds time and hooked up a movement permit online for my first journey .. I had it running from the tank now .

In an earlier picture you can see rust in the upper A pillars . The holes drilled for the sunvisor had started some major damage on both sides .
Drilled out spotwelds

I picked up a Wreck one day for $280 Delivered . It was a red TE Diesel of course, it donated its first pieces .. A pillar patches .
This side was needed also :(

I had driven to Gem Maintanence Workshop earlier that day . by 10pm we had the screen back in and I was driving home on a movement permit . We found some supercheap paint down there called Scarlett and it was a lucky match . Much brighter but worked well haha ..

Check out Gem Maintanence here https://www.facebook.com/gemmaintenance/?fref=ts

Next : Fix the ass
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

Jeeeezus your brave! Looks like its had a hard life.

Is it actually a legit fire marshall car? Because i noticed the inner door jambs are white as well..
Previously GeminiCoupe/GeminiRollingShell/SCAR3D/Jonnoisac#nt

78 TD Gemini Sedan - R.I.P
81 TE Gemini Sedan
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

Hi dude , Im going to update more tonight , Im assuming the doors and bootlid were rusted out as they were gone . They have spraycanned the jambs its flaking off..
Also found a white TE rad support numbers and matching plates , owners manual , they were going to rego it a dodgy way i guess ..
Its not a genuine white red , but many people have asked that haha ..
Its a copycat of a Radio station report car.. Ebay has them in differant makes and models.
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

Next was the bootpan and rear beaver replacement .

Had a donor car delivered for $330 .
TE Diesel . Diff was gone , engine was out and dead . Drivers door and sill was mashed from a tree

I chopped the ass off and took it too Gem Maintenance where Brodie Cooper and myself both got it ready.

I became the spotweld master drilling out all the spotwelds on both car and donor s*#t .

We cut this side as it was all rusty on the rear quarter . Checkout the jack holder. I have no idea how to use it .. Elky Help...

We did the bootpan next ,we overlapped the joint

GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

This is how it lined up shortly after

The floor pan piece was from a wreck and didnt meet up with the beaver .

Also damaged here but we fix all this no probs
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

Missed taking a few progress shots around this stage .
All done

Few more patches to the beaver and this was done .

For some reason i went down this path haha
Its a Tomica 1/64 model car .
Its one of various (types of cars) radio station reporter cars from the 80s in Japan.
They are all on ebay ..

Fitting vinyl

I bought the JDM center caps from ebay they are the correct ones for those steelies in Japanese catalougues .. Massive score
I also fit the sill chrome and A piller antennae . Carpet was going in too..
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

I'm usually a bit "eh" when I come to stock for stock restos and especially a diesel.

I can confidently say I actually went "hmm f*#k yeah!" seeing this thing getting done!

Awesomeness level 7.5/10 :D

Keen to see this finished.

Ps old mates white diesel is neat as s*#t. Get him over here for build thread.

Ethan should do the same. His TE is exceptional aswell.
75 TX Coupe