Isuzu PFD60 Gemini LT . Diesel Auto

This Forum is here for any members who have any other Isuzus or Opels from around the world (or Australia) that they wish to post up pictures of. EG; bellets, I marks, luvs, rodeos, piazzas, chevettes, kaddets etc… Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Re: Isuzu PFD60 Gemini LT . Diesel Auto

Post by GEMWRC »

Thanks man . Its just easier this way , its just easier this way . It drives like a G200 .
I kinda finished it 2 weeks ago .. This thread has almost caught up to real life finally ..

Cleaned the dash in my lounge room and got that back in .
This model only had an analogue clock and no dimmer dial. The Holden Digi clock plugged straight in but there was no plug for a dimmer.

Seems the cream facia surround is rare as fk .. The Holdens with 2 tone dash have a black one.
National radio works. I get all the AM stations. I Swapped the dash speaker with a $5 4 inch 2way.
Its got a glovebox light , ashtray light and ciggie lighter ring light lol

rooflining was digusting , i cleaned it with sugar soap and orange power ;)

Before and after
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

Fitting carpet . The rear floopan to seat base metal is a not the same as aussie models and the knox stuff doesnt fit well because of this ..

Cleaned the engine bay for about 4 hours one night
I scrubbed it clean with a greeen kitchen sponge and a combination of kitchen products and truck wash
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

Had to replace the rear windscreen rubber , so I pulled that out and found 2 large holes ,
Found a PF 50 label . front and rear screens are Isuzu branded.

My mate fixed the rust while i cleaned and treated the rest .The rust hole was on RH side about half way up which was really odd .

More gold went in this car with a almost new rear shelf and some clarion import factory deck speakers .
Well the covers anyway , i just sat them there and they slide around when im drifting .

Hard bumper back on . Left overs from ZZZ stash
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

Rear seat turned out cleaner than i expected and went back in with some factory lap belts

Footrest is handy for cruising

Jap dash is working well as are the warning lights and oddly it has no handbrake light .

Wanted it to look nice inside so everything went back in properly . JDM kick panels were toasted and carpet covered , i have the carpet cutout ready to go but put it to the side along with JDM door trims , they are the wrong color and need painting or something before going in.

374000 on the clock . Take that !!! Runs mint tooo !

Got these with the belts , you can just read ECGI . I still have mine but they look like they have been through a mudpit.
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

This is what it looks like now , although I only drove it too this event on a movement permit . s*#t went on the roof about 400m before this photo lol ..

This side has a lot of hrmm character ! bit of a s*#t box but meh . I dont like the attention it gets but i do like driving it .

Blended in some paint from supercheap called SCARLET only to cover the primer, 4 cans for $10 cant go wrong

So there it is in all its disgusting glory.

JDM Diesel Landed in Perth for some unknown reason in an unknown year
Bought from old Italian lady in Morley by Diesel mechanic in wattleup
Found in a truck yard completely fubar by a Gem addict
Resurrected & Converted into a pimp Diesel Gem or " wtf is that thing mum " car

It now lives in the carport with the other "nice" gems . The ball joints or link pins died about 5 minutes from home so its squeaks real bad now... I have 3 regos so it wont be registered , its $18 for a 48 hour movement permit in Perth lol .. Until the next event i guess . working on other gems again .

Thanks for checking it out everyone .

Heres a s%*tty video .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3KSO2m ... f0&index=1

peaceeeeeee
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

Mad!

I wanna say paint it all new but it looks awesome as is.

I feel your pain on the rego's!
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

I will get it painted one day , I have a Turbo Diesel for it , or i could go Twincam .. For now I just want to fix the ball joints and park it ... This project including the car owes me less than 1k.
elky
Gemini Master

Post by elky »

They do have a handbrake warning light, it is on the same circuit as brake fluid level, it is the circle with halves either side on lh lower of warning light panel

Globe blown?
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

Nope im just a dumbass.. I had seen that come on before but I think it stopped working recently though so i will check it out , I actually thought that was a glowplug light
Thanks dude .

I found some more photos recently so I will add them soon . One in particular of the filthy engine bay and back seat I want you guys to see.