15's for $1500 Official rules

15's for $1500 Competition
LOK15
Gemini Master

15's for $1500 Official rules

Post by LOK15 »

THE RULES

1: Vehicle must be a gemini , any model including front wheel drive is allowed , must be australian delivered ( no imports )
A:Engine must be a 1600cc single cam block and 1600cc crank. Bore size is optional as well as head ( but must remain as a single cam ). Cam open ,and carby open. Extractors can be used but you must retain a full length exhaust.

2: Car must remain able to be registerable, this means:
A: No metal is to be cut from body to reduce weight
B: Interior may be stripped out , but must retain all seatbelts and drivers seat , dash , and console over gearshift , carpet is optional.
C: If you car is already registered , then it must remain able to be driven to and from the race track ( you can pull interior apart there )

3: tyres are open, but must be street drivable and street legal i.e: no semi slicks or slicks.

4: Vehicle must be manual , either 4 or 5 speed

5: all glass must remain in car , no lexen windows.

6: Brakes must be fully servicable ( working to road worthy standard ) and safety is paramount!!!!!!

7: There will be no cost offsetting i.e: paid $1000 for car with twins , sold car for $900 meaning carbs cost $100. Fair market value will be used. Average price for twin carbs is $600.you also cannot build a $5000 motor , sell to your mate for $20 then buy it back for $20.Mates rates are not allowed on machining work or head porting. Again , fair market value will be applied.

8: It is the moderators option to include changes to these rules with short notice if a loophole is found.This is to be a fun competition, So if you cheat by saying something cost you less than you say , you are only cheating yourself.

9: Engine is to be Naturally aspirated , no NOS or E85 fuel is to be used. To keep it fair , you may only use pump unleaded style fuel available at a generic servo. Not everyone has access to race fuel which would be an unfair advantage.

10: Consumables like oil , gaskets , tyres and fuel are not counted towards your total, either is labour , unless you outsource work , ie head servicing, block boring , crank balancing etc , H/D valve springs are not counted as consumable.
A: A detailed list must be written by entrant including costings , to help keep track of $$ spent.

11: Diff must be standard open wheel ( no mini spools ) LSD is allowed , but must not be a conversion diff ( ie hilux or commodore ).If your car is a locker or similar , you are allowed to refit the standard diff. This will add no extra cost to the build ( as open centre diffs were standard items )AMENDMENT: Lockers will be allowed to save changing them back to standard

12: To be a contender you must run a 15.99 or quicker , and must remain under the $1500 budget.

13: Disqualification is solely up to me if you have been found to be cheating. You may resume in the challenge , but cannot be able to win the prize at the end. The prize will be given to the winner at the nationals ( if they are able to make it. Prize is at my discretion ( could be a $20,000 gift certificate or a dildo gear shift knob ).

14: Only OFFICIAL printouts from recognized Drag racing tracks will be allowed , video of your run is extremely welcome as further proof the timeslip belongs to you.

15: Cars with pre-existing big $$ engine mods are not eligible , IE you cannot throw on an electronic dizzy
Deadline for this will be the week before the gemini nationals 2013. This gives plenty of time to have runs and fix issues.

Any editing or changing of rules will be highlighted in BOLD , to show new edits.

If you feel any extra rules should be included please pm me.
Getting too old for this s*#t!!