Pedits AirBagged TG sedan - Motorvation PG8

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her Gemini’s. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
beausuf
Regular

Pedits AirBagged TG sedan - Motorvation PG8

Post by beausuf »

Not my car, posting this for a mate, he cant post up a thread yet so im starting it and he can ramble on about it :)

Anyways this is how she started

Old faded poo brown had to go...
In 2K highfill, shaved handles, locks aieral etc

And painted in Manderin orange with alot of gold pearl :D First full respray iv done since starting my apprenticeship, im not 100% happy with it but it was a bit of a learning curve but hes stoked with it. Theres also this rainbow sorta stuff through the basecoat, im not totally sure what it was lol the guy at the paint shop gave it to him for free but it was basically like a really fine powder pearl. You can kinda see it in one of the pics

This is without springs bumpstops etc and is around the height it should suit when air'd out, apparently it could go a bit lower. Air bags have already been ordered and are on there way

Thats about it
I'll leave the rest up to him!
Last edited by beausuf on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ALT + F4 = HAPPYNESS!
Poida'z gem
Regular

Post by Poida'z gem »

that is an AMAZING paint job!!! well f8cking done man
discreetly turbo... just quietly
peetee
n00b

Post by peetee »

Cheers beau!

yeah started this project about the start of the year bit later and this is what it has become started out as a granny spec with just some surface rust on the roof so just a good sand got that all off. painted it about 2ish months ago and still havent buffed it yet! i love the colour the pics dont do it justice but theres blue and silvers and golds in there etc. the air box holes are wielded up and the spot wields etc in the engine bay. yeh as he said soon to be airbagged gettin the kit for airidecomes with

-8gall tank
-2compressors
-1/2 inch lines and fittings
-AVS switchbox
-4x 5" slam bags and buckets

all shaved up with manual poppers for now, will order a set of autos once money comes in from airide aswell. new bumpers are gonna be on the way soon thanks to Lok15 (cheers) also has electric windows got one of those ebay kits really easy to install aswell.

got a 4zd1-t to go in this soon with just a front mount to start off but im sure ill get carried away and upgrade the turbo etc down the road but wanna get it on the rroad for powercrusie and motorvation last this year early next year

massive thanks to beau for painting and rob for shaving.

cheers guys!
candygemwgn
n00b

Post by candygemwgn »

Hey mate nice car i've already bag my panno if i knew how to put pics i could show you how low it sit......good job anyway...where are you getting your kit from
peetee
n00b

Post by peetee »

hey man go to this thread it shows you a step by step way how to post pics

http://gemswa.proboards.com/index.cgi?a ... ge=1#18124

or you can just email them to me petie_457@msn.com
that would be great if you can all the help is needed! haha
i got my kit from airide ey
candygemwgn
n00b

Post by candygemwgn »

Yeah mate ill send some photos to over the weekend its just pretty crap weather in the gr8 state of victoria haha....the hardest part was working out witch bracket goes where, and problems send photos of your brackets and ill see if i can help....cheers
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

Keen to see both these on bags.
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
ribbons
n00b

Post by ribbons »

looks good mate nearly bagged my old one using spares from my minitruck but wouldnt sit low enough for me and didnt wanna cut it all up haha.

my mate had a nanna spec gem as low as yours with no springs as an everyday car. that was fun over bumps haha looks good ill be keeping an eye on this.
JT

Post by JT »

mmmmm bags :) I like these plans
beausuf
Regular

Post by beausuf »

Poida'z gem wrote:that is an AMAZING paint job!!! well f8cking done man
Thanks man, its not perfect and i wont claim it to be as i had to do a few things i wasnt too comfortable with lol i had to stretch 2L of clear over the hole car eep
ALT + F4 = HAPPYNESS!
iViLe
Regular

Post by iViLe »

Airide have kits for geminis? my bro works there he never told me that lol, get fast valves and run 300psi, you'll be able to bounce it off the ground lol.
VG30ET + white gemini wagon....
6.0L Gen4 + T56 Powered 64 Chev Belair.
I like burnouts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW0UdyfvflM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXI-vFI-E3U
DAZHSV
Chatterbox

Post by DAZHSV »

candygemwgn wrote:Hey mate nice car i've already bag my panno if i knew how to put pics i could show you how low it sit......good job anyway...where are you getting your kit from
Hi Mate,

Just wondering how much the air bag suspension cost ya?? Also where abouts did you get it done??

Thanks dazz
peetee
n00b

Post by peetee »

iViLe wrote:Airide have kits for geminis? my bro works there he never told me that lol, get fast valves and run 300psi, you'll be able to bounce it off the ground lol.
hahah thats exactly what ive ordered get this c*#t to hopp. nah they dont do a straight bolt in set up (does any company??) so i have to cut the sring buckets off and then wield on the new air bag mounts in the same spot

candygemwgn -

you reckon you could sent us those pics? cheers dude
ScR01
Regular

Post by ScR01 »

beausuf wrote:
Poida'z gem wrote:that is an AMAZING paint job!!! well f8cking done man
Thanks man, its not perfect and i wont claim it to be as i had to do a few things i wasnt too comfortable with lol i had to stretch 2L of clear over the hole car eep
2l of clear?
after you added hardener which would have been mixed 2:1,
and then added 10% thinners, you would have had 3.3L of clear.

i wouldn't have tried to do it all with that much. i was thinking it looked a little bit dry in some pics.
good job for a first year anyway, i'm a second year and i don't wanna paint my gem for a while yet. i want it perfect :D
Tea Gem

Post by Tea Gem »

shame about only having 2L of clear Any way it looks nice & shiny now, wait untill its all buffed up.

Hope after my first year i can do some thing like this.