Eli's orange drift TG - now 4ZE1+T, massive update P16

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her Gemini’s. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
Gene FJ20DEBT
Supreme Overlord

Post by Gene FJ20DEBT »

do you pump your rear tires up really hard? or just the normal pressure

(exhaust goes on this Saturday so fingers crossed ill get my first dry track in a gemini next Thursday :))
"No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough."

archangel62
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

Coxy - yeah it's funny, I'm really used to the 13"s now, although they flex a bit it's just "normal" now - but I reckon even cheap 15"s will be awesome once I have power. The stretch of 155/165s on 6" helps a bit, but is offset by the cheap design of most of the tyres I use.. haha

Gene - you can really set your grip with tyre pressure - but heat plays a massive part too. Bearing in mind I have 56rwkw, here's a real rough guide of what I go for:

155/80R13, new, cheap... 36-38psi, release air as tyre temp rises and tread declines

165/80R13, new, quality... 38-40psi, monitor as tyre temps rise, lower pressure if possible especially as tread wears.

175 or bigger... As much pressure as I need to spin 'em up.. If I had to I'd put 45-48psi in (haven't yet though).

Mind you, you'll get the best tyre life and grip around 28-32psi... pending sidewall flex. On a 13" you kinda can't go below 34psi in the dry. In the wet, you can go reeeal low pressure, pending tyre seating. I've heard low-mid 20psi for people with lower profile!! :shock:
My Gemini drift videos: http://www.youtube.com/PandamoniumDrift
Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PandamoniumDrift
Current tally: 5 Geminis and a Piazza
orange_gem
Regular

Post by orange_gem »

I was putting 50 in when I was running 13's. With my car now I got federal 595's gonna run 195/45r15 on the front(7") and 195/50r15 on the rear (8.25") run about 28-30 cold. 15's are the best.
Keepin it sideways in the territory
Hachikansai77
Regular

Post by Hachikansai77 »

How much/where'd you get the Feddies Stewy? I'm pretty keen some once mine is up and going with decent power.

Also... CARROT GEM <3
TD Sedan "Derrick/Dez"
TX Coupe "Zero": Longterm Zokusha/Drift Build.
TE Diesel Sedan: Turbo Sandpiper II Mockup (In Progress)
TE Sedan "Bella": Basic Battle Bitch
Hilux: Daily

TL;DR: STOP OFFERING ME GEMINIS!!!
orange_gem
Regular

Post by orange_gem »

I get mine from option1garage. They the only dealer i could find. Its about 100 ea tyre. They have really cheap ones too but still cheaper and better to get them shipped to Darwin than to get ok ones for a shop up here.
Gene FJ20DEBT
Supreme Overlord

Post by Gene FJ20DEBT »

iv used option 1 for them aswell. pretty good prices.. my local JAX tire place does them for only a few bucks more also.
"No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough."

orange_gem
Regular

Post by orange_gem »

All depends where you are in aus. One of the drifters up here is sponsored(ish) by federal and I can get them cheaper than he does.
archangel62
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

Here are a few of Benny's incar vids from the last Stadium - there some runs with me in them, one of which was absolute rubbish, but oh well! The others aren't bad, so enjoy :)

http://vimeo.com/33825204

On a sidenote, Benny Schumacher is an amazing drifter! Wish I could tandem like him. Practice makes perfect..

Oh and GUESS WHAT? AIR has reopened for drift!! A whoooole new track to skid, I'm so freaking stoked. I think the first event there is a Stadium Drift event around Feb? But, in the meantime, Mallala Drift Matsuri is coming up on January the 21st. Going to send my entry form off tomorrow, and weld a sidepipe on ASAP!
redzone (coxy)
Long Term Member

Post by redzone (coxy) »

i'm going to november ebisu matsuri next year :P

^^^ brag post
GARAGE REDZONE sunshine coast ph 07 54433507

1975 TX coupe 4ZD1 efi turbo 10.787 @ 123/128
1977 TC Fashion Pack sedan draw through turbo
1984 TG PF60E dohc Group A racecar
1984 TG Panelvan
2006 Crewman SS 6.0
BackToTheGem
Regular

Post by BackToTheGem »

redzone (coxy) wrote:i'm going to november ebisu matsuri next year :P

^^^ brag post
Lucky!!! I'll be in Tokyo next August but it's a week long karate training session. Doubt I'll get to see too many cool things let alone anything Gemini related - id imagine gems are a bit like hens teeth in Japan these days.

Archangel good work mate - keep it up! You're going to notice those 15's big time!

Gene sounds like you live almost right next door to me (I'm in Algester)!!! Are any of your gems on the road at the moment? I'll have to keep an eye out if they are (I know you're still building the coupe)
S15 Silvia - Daily
KZN130 Surf - Bush Toy
TX Sedan - Gemini heaven (aka Elky's)
TX Coupe - Now we're on!!
TE Cortina - Stock mint condition
Toyota 86 GTS - Due September 1st
archangel62
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

Just entered Mallala Drift Matsuri! Going to try to chase Benny a lot and get better with my tandems/speed. I'll have to hop to it with the sidepipe, since my exhaust currently terminates around the passenger's feet!

Just paid for a brand new 4ZE1 head, should kick off the build nicely. Also got some gauges from the girlfriend-ish-ex-sortof. Which is cool, since none of mine currently work (besides speedo).

Awesome stuff Coxy!! I'm going to Ebisu (hopefully) mid 2013. I'm postponing it so I can spend all of my dosh this year on the track Gem - the D1T build is coming along nicely (in a parts sense, I haven't quite ripped it apart yet).

What sort of a car are you going to get? I'm keen on doing the S chassis thing, S13/14/180.. I love Laurels but I couldn't missile one, I'd be trying to keep the car shiny and straight! haha. Also cheers BackToTheGem, 15"s will come with the turbo build, that's gonna take some adjusting! I've run 15"s before, but the tyres were about 10 years old.. :lol:
redzone (coxy)
Long Term Member

Post by redzone (coxy) »

Yeah i'm not sure what to get, i'm going over with Josh Young and probably a few of his other mates, Josh got an R32 bomb that's done about 4 matsuri's already lol, i have the option of getting something like that & returning it after, or buying a keeper that i can get brought over afterwards and either use here or sell for parts... One of his good friends owns a company that exports cars/parts out of japan to the goldy, they're based out of ebisu circuit.

If you have a look at some of the footage put up recently on powervehicles' youtube channel you can see Josh's cop livery R32 running around with no bonnet etc lol
GARAGE REDZONE sunshine coast ph 07 54433507

1975 TX coupe 4ZD1 efi turbo 10.787 @ 123/128
1977 TC Fashion Pack sedan draw through turbo
1984 TG PF60E dohc Group A racecar
1984 TG Panelvan
2006 Crewman SS 6.0
BackToTheGem
Regular

Post by BackToTheGem »

archangel62 wrote:Just entered Mallala Drift Matsuri! Going to try to chase Benny a lot and get better with my tandems/speed. I'll have to hop to it with the sidepipe, since my exhaust currently terminates around the passenger's feet!

Just paid for a brand new 4ZE1 head, should kick off the build nicely. Also got some gauges from the girlfriend-ish-ex-sortof. Which is cool, since none of mine currently work (besides speedo).

Awesome stuff Coxy!! I'm going to Ebisu (hopefully) mid 2013. I'm postponing it so I can spend all of my dosh this year on the track Gem - the D1T build is coming along nicely (in a parts sense, I haven't quite ripped it apart yet).

What sort of a car are you going to get? I'm keen on doing the S chassis thing, S13/14/180.. I love Laurels but I couldn't missile one, I'd be trying to keep the car shiny and straight! haha. Also cheers BackToTheGem, 15"s will come with the turbo build, that's gonna take some adjusting! I've run 15"s before, but the tyres were about 10 years old.. :lol:
Pretty hard to go past an old S13 - cheap as chips and aftermarket parts galore. There's still something very cool about watching your gemini drift though, it does get boring watching Nissan after Nissan at drift events sometimes.
S15 Silvia - Daily
KZN130 Surf - Bush Toy
TX Sedan - Gemini heaven (aka Elky's)
TX Coupe - Now we're on!!
TE Cortina - Stock mint condition
Toyota 86 GTS - Due September 1st
orange_gem
Regular

Post by orange_gem »

Once I have maxed out my gemmy (this year) I'll look at getting a jzx90 or something in a couple years. We should make up stickers (TOG) team orange gems :P want to bring my car down there just don't have the dosh.
archangel62
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

Okay guys, bit of an update, just had another Mallala Matsuri! It was an awesome day, 10AM through to about 8:30PM before I bailed. It was low to mid thirties, but with the addition of a temp gauge (!!! after only a year and a half without one) it can be concluded that my car doesn't overheat!

The car ran great all day, the Koni Reds delivered yet again with nice handling, and the worst mechanical issue was excess oil out of the catch can breather after skidpan sessions.

The only hit all day was the usual suspect (Benny) tagging my (you guessed it) rear bumper, but credit to him, not very hard, the bumper's still usable, and it was fairly unavoidable considering how nuts his tandem proximity is - I had to brake due to a spin in front of me and yeah.

There's a ton of pics and videos, I'll post them up real soon! I'm editing a proper shiny video, so watch this space over the next few days!