Rehash - Number 8 Mk2

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her Gemini’s. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Rehash - Number 8 Mk2

Post by Jonno »

So after a little bit of looking the Adam for some reason gave in and bought a Gemi.

Why f*#cking who knows BUT it will be good when it's done.

So I thought there was a build thread on here from way back when but I couldn't find it.

So I'll start the story back in 2008. Back then I was single 4z was still in my Gemi. We were into back yard conversions and s*#t.
So anyway my mate decided he wanted to relive his youth and needed a cheap run around. Back then I could still get a s@*tter Gemi for <$500 with rego and an ounce of weed under the back seat.
We looked at a few shitboxes with the idea we'd resto one to a point and make a cleanish daily.
Anyway we settled on a neat Sedan with rego.

Some expert had "painted it" matte black, had the standard smokey 1600 with f*#k who know's what problems ran not so bad though and 3/4months rego And the clicker. And auto.... *fartnoise

Typical fashion we drove the f*#k out of it, thing went everywhere and started 'doing it up'. Back then 20 year old me though all sorts of dumb s*#t was 'mad'. Typical interior mods etc etc.
We re-did the carpet cause it was aids.
New stereo and steering wheels for the above reasons and some other little s*#t. Parcel shelf install bla bla bla.

Anyways. Motor almost died and we replaced it with a rebuilt one. Got some other number on it and other bits and pieces, stupid us needed it done in a weekend so we swapped an auto motor for an auto motor... Should have swapped it out for a manual then. (coming back to bite me now...)

Anyways fast forward till now. Was daily driven for a while, in some movie i've never heard of and ended up stash in a garage for we worked out 4 years.

Wasn't in a bad way when we worked on it. Unfortunately time has taken it's told on the old thing.

Blown head gasket cause the thing to become puffing billy, s*#t house wheels, paints junked and scratched few other things seen better days.
Just all getting it together now. It failed on a number of things for roadworthy which considering it went from my mates house to the inspection station then to mine isn't too bad.
Little things like blown lights loose battery bla bla bla.

Got a fly wheel, new clutch, new clutch cable tailshaft pedal box to go in so we can ditch the auto and clutch kick like kings.
Needs a better exhaust. Sounds gay and has a hole in it somewhere.

We've already done the gasket and need to adjust the tappets and things again. Had a drama with the gasket kit which held us back a week which was annoying. Sorted that and it's driving again. Essentially 3 hours from driving in the shed and out just with a weeks wait in between.

Ideally we want it back in registration by the end of the month. Just got to get through the little circles to get the old bomb through reg.

Updates and pics to come. It looks f*#cking horrible with mixed coloured standard wheels on it. Give it time well fix that and warm the engine up.

#onCbrtime #gunnasendit etc etc.
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw