Reliant Robin.

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her other non Gemini related cars. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
Danman
Danmother

Re: Reliant Robin.

Post by Danman »

Cheers everyone! I have been inspired with how good my girlfriend is with the PR work. She is always keeping in touch with people, sending postcards etc. Bit different to when me and my bro backpacked around a few years ago, we occasionally sent an email so people knew we were still alive! :)

Check out our facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/ReliantAdventures
and I am especially pleased with how our map turned out, each point has a diary like entry and some have a photo:
http://www.zeemaps.com/view?group=93879 ... 42189&z=11
Danman
Danmother

Post by Danman »

Here is a video from the classic car tour we did in northern Scotland!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKyQgTie50g
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

Was going to write novel on how I didn't put money into the bring it to Australia fund figured no one would listen anyway.

Has it caught fire yet?
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
Danman
Danmother

Post by Danman »

No it hasn't caught fire again yet. We've got the fire extinguisher mounted on the front of the passenger seat now. I keep re-checking all the fuel lines...

I think it likes to find new and unique ways of falling apart, the latest was a universal joint on the tailshaft died. Found the problem while we were at Mercedes-Benz world at Brooklands (highly recommended).
The universal joint was flopping around very alarmingly. We had to do 130miles to get home and I really didn't think it would make it! Drove as smoothly as I could, it kept making worse and worse noises, but we got home.
I've pulled the tailshaft out and have ordered the universal joint for it. If it makes it to Australia getting parts could be more difficult...

Here is the album from Mercedes-Benz world, I got to drive an AMG! I got annoyed that it would not allow me to slide enough, apart from that it was an incredible car!
Mercedes-Benz world!
The Brooklands museum is right next to Mercedes-Benz world and is also a great place to visit if you like cars/planes/buses/historic racing circuits etc. Here is my album from there:
Brooklands museum!

If my links don't work for you and you are desperate to see our holiday snaps, let me know! :D
Danman
Danmother

Post by Danman »

Before Brooklands we went to Pendine sands. A place that has been on my to-do list for the whole time we have been over here. It is a beach where the land speed record was held for a little while, then they discovered salt flats!
It was so inspiring! We even got to drive on the beach!
pendinereliant.jpg
pendinereliant.jpg (33.99 KiB) Viewed 10965 times
We parked it on the beach and some friendly chap dug holes in front of our wheels to make our exit as the tide was coming in more exciting...

Then the next weekend we went to Lowestoft. Why? Because it is the Eastern most point of mainland UK. This means that our little Reliant has taken us to all four points! Lizard point (south), Dunnet head (north), Ardnamurchan (West) and now Lowestoft. This could be a world first!!

So having ticked the above items off my list and then doing the AMG driving experience I am now completely ready to head home. Heather wants to see more stuff though...
Danman
Danmother

Post by Danman »

After a fair bit of discussion we decided to bring this car to Australia. The export process was very annoying and expensive, but when we saw it here both Heather and I were happy to see it.
So we're claiming it was worth it :D

My dad runs the world famous "car club capers at Comboyne", so that's where it made its official Australian debut. Dad had set us up a marquee with huge flags right in front of everything! He also ran a competition to see who could guess closest the amount of miles we had done in the car. 5669! The closest guess was only out by 9miles!
Was a fun day.
IMG_20150913_090730s.jpg
IMG_20150913_090730s.jpg (294.61 KiB) Viewed 10439 times
Last edited by Danman on Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

Hi Danwoman
Looks good at home . Are there many here .
My mate has one but its a Reliant Kitten , or something . Has 4 wheels ..

Dazz
Danman
Danmother

Post by Danman »

Thanks!
The Reliant Kittens are cool. Did your friend bring it over from the UK?
My personal favourite was the Reliant Fox, it is the cutest ute you will ever see! A company called "Tandy" (not related to the electronics store) made a camper for the fox, which made it the "Fox Tandy Camper" and they are fairly hilarious too!
Not many Reliant 3 wheelers in Australia, Top Gear brought a few out for their stage show and left them here and I talked to a lady who was trying to sell one she had brought over, but don't think there would be many others.
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

Nah he bought it here in Perth , he picks up anything random and cheap. Just sitting around in his barn ..