Rx7 diff conversion into gemini

General Gemini Chat
Forum for all gemini based chat & questions
SLIMER
Regular

Rx7 diff conversion into gemini

Post by SLIMER »

In the next few weeks i will be doing the conversion myself, i will be using a RX7 series 2 or 3 diff (as the are disc rear end) and i will be getting rid of that torque tube, i will be posting pics of it and MAY be including this as an option in the rotary conversion i will be doing, not sure on how much it will be, but i can say that it will be the cheapest around..it isnt the strongest diff around but i know of alot of RX7's with 13B turbos and they are running around 220 rwhp and holding up quite well..they are a banjo type diff, like the nine inch diffs. easy to change the diff centres
It isnt the easiest thing to do but it isnt the hardest either..any questions reply here or p.m.
I will most likely be putting the all up cost tomorrow.
Gene FJ20DEBT
Supreme Overlord

Post by Gene FJ20DEBT »

4 link or ladar bar style?
"No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough."

SLIMER
Regular

Post by SLIMER »

ladder bar style.
Gemi Coupe
Long Term Member

Post by Gemi Coupe »

don't get too carried away. you can fit a VK LSD into the TE onwards diff as well as the disc brakes. the axles are pretty tough too. and the torque tube locates the diff REALLY well. if you think about the way the diff twists relative to the body on a hard launch, the torque tube tries to force the wheels downwards into the ground. the only real structural upgrade the diff needs is a Watts linkage instead of a panhard rod, that will stop it from moving sideways when it moves up and down.
the main thing about those rotarys putting out lots of power is its up in the rev range, its usually low down torque that will bust a diff and axles.
Gene FJ20DEBT
Supreme Overlord

Post by Gene FJ20DEBT »

iv only been garanteed the vb-vk centers to hhold up to 130rwhp by about 5 differnt diff shops.. dosnt seeem to be worth the money if u ask me

SIR-GEM
Chatterbox

Post by SIR-GEM »

slimer just want 2 know how much it will cost 2 put a 13b (carby) into a 1983 tg gemini and does progem on hotgemini still sell the crossmembers?
Gene FJ20DEBT
Supreme Overlord

Post by Gene FJ20DEBT »

yes progem (Leroy) still does them.

u can contact him via his web site or this email addy

sales@bowtieracing.net

cheers
gene