Coilovers in Gemini

General Gemini Chat
Forum for all gemini based chat & questions
Boosted TG
Regular

Post by Boosted TG »

macca_loto wrote:We got one, not in a gem though. they have a tighter V than a gen3 but are still fairly bulky in the front for all the quad cam s*#t like sensors and the belt and stuff like that. They go hard as a mofo though! Can you spell 1UFZE edit tune!

CHRIS...
f*#k oath they do a mate when for a drift in a s13 which had a 1UFZE in it, fried the tired no problem
SICKTG
Long Term Member

Post by SICKTG »

the 1uz's do fit in without messing with the fire wall the dude i brought my car had a mildy worked one in his gem with a 5 speed on dedicated lpg went hard as all fark
archangel62
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

It is "1UZ-FE" by the way macca lol.

I think they're alloy block too which is good when you're putting them in a 900kg car. Not my cuppa valve shavings, but would make a beastly Gem that's for sure, especially for drag/burnout/cruiser.
My Gemini drift videos: http://www.youtube.com/PandamoniumDrift
Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PandamoniumDrift
Current tally: 5 Geminis and a Piazza
Gene FJ20DEBT
Supreme Overlord

Post by Gene FJ20DEBT »

if 4l was legal is would be my choice over anythiing else.
"No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough."

DryftKult
Long Term Member

Post by DryftKult »

lol ffs :roll:

been saying for 2 years that a 1uz-fe would fit and be an awsome choice of engine.

now people see pics of one done and their all like "OMFGITSAGODDAMGEMWITA1UZ-FEWTFBBQWHOWOULDATHOUGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!"

shakes head
Gene FJ20DEBT
Supreme Overlord

Post by Gene FJ20DEBT »

DryftKult wrote:lol ffs :roll:

been saying for 2 years that a 1uz-fe would fit and be an awsome choice of engine.

now people see pics of one done and their all like "OMFGITSAGODDAMGEMWITA1UZ-FEWTFBBQWHOWOULDATHOUGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!"

shakes head
wow your cool.. did u work it out yourself or just know that it fits cos its already been done?? there was one in brisbane geting about ages ago...
gonna try be first to split the atom now?

DryftKult
Long Term Member

Post by DryftKult »

Gene FJ20DEBT wrote:
DryftKult wrote:lol ffs :roll:

shakes head
wow your cool.. did u work it out yourself or just know that it fits cos its already been done?? there was one in brisbane geting about ages ago...
gonna try be first to split the atom now?
gene, how about loosing the f*#cking attitude, go back, read the post, did I say i was the first? no, did I say it hadn't been done? no, and yes I have been looking into doing it for a long time, but I never said I was the only one, therefore your efforts at insulting me are totally redundant and completely wasted, and you just come across as someone who's trying to make themselves feel better by giving themselves a false sense of superiority, you own a Gemini forum,l big whoop, you gonna run for president now?????
Gene FJ20DEBT
Supreme Overlord

Post by Gene FJ20DEBT »

i already am runing for president. woudl u like a button? or bumper sticker?

BUR75
Regular

Post by BUR75 »

you were the one trying to get props for thinking of the conversion, anyway i think the conversion would suit you. alot of them are auto so your gimpy wrist could handle it, and it requires stripping the s*#t out of a gem, also something your good at, wether it gets put bsack together or not is another story.
DryftKult
Long Term Member

Post by DryftKult »

Gene FJ20DEBT wrote:i already am runing for president. woudl u like a button? or bumper sticker?
wow that's great, just remember not to make the same mistake as Kennedy, armored convertibles are useless :wink:
DryftKult
Long Term Member

Post by DryftKult »

BUR75 wrote:you were the one trying to get props for thinking of the conversion, anyway i think the conversion would suit you. alot of them are auto so your gimpy wrist could handle it, and it requires stripping the s*#t out of a gem, also something your good at, wether it gets put bsack together or not is another story.
wasn't trying to get props, just annoyed that after I've been saying it this long, people would still be so surprised that it fits, I did all the measurements ages ago, but not once did anyone listen to the suggestion.

EDIT: oh and as for my gems going back together, Ive had more gems than just the ones I've had in the 2 years I've been on this forum, but as late housing difficulties have been a hindrance on my projects so it's not my fault.

and if you want to rip on how long it takes to get mt gem back together, have a think about out fearless leader :P
Gene FJ20DEBT
Supreme Overlord

Post by Gene FJ20DEBT »

i dont sell striped shells

PSIGEM
Long Term Member

Post by PSIGEM »

So uh Yea... Coil-Overs f*#k use are a bunch of kids
archangel62
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

LOL @ the lot of yous.
x2 PSIGEM. Methinks a few people should go tell the boss at Maccas just what they think of him :lol: joking. For the record I have seen a picture of a 1UZ+turbo in a green Gem, and it's pretty old.

But yes.

Coilovers.

I think the easiest way would be to put them exactly where the springs currently sit. It's structurally sound and requires very little fabrication.
My Gemini drift videos: http://www.youtube.com/PandamoniumDrift
Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PandamoniumDrift
Current tally: 5 Geminis and a Piazza
PSIGEM
Long Term Member

Post by PSIGEM »

Problem is getting a Coilover so compact... And you would still have to modify the control arms which your not allowed To do I dont think...

I reakon best way was pictured earlier.. Tubular control arms.. Coil-over mounts to a mount on the lower control arm and at the top to a mount thats fabricated coming off the x-member...

But are you allowed to modify the crossmember?