Is this Hydraulic Clutch Setup ok?

General Gemini Chat
Forum for all gemini based chat & questions
PSIGEM
Long Term Member

Is this Hydraulic Clutch Setup ok?

Post by PSIGEM »

Hey. Well converting to hydraulic clutch so we can use the beefier MUA Rodeo box so went and bought a Master and a slave from the same model Rodeo then just fabricated a mount bracket for it to bolt to the pedal box section under the dash so that the clutch pedal would actuate the master cylinder...

Seems to work perfectly and was very straight forward to do...

Here's a couple of pics of mine:

Now obviously with the resoviour under the dash is a problem but I will modify the cap to have a hose running to somewhere easily accessible to be a fill point... you can easily stick your head under the dash with a torch to check the level.

Also how much pressure is put on the master cylinder when your push the pedal? back pressure that is... just wondering how strong I need to make the bracket so that it doesnt flex? its pretty strong as it is now but if it takes alot of pressure Ill add a support to it.
Last edited by PSIGEM on Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love old cheeseburgers ...
BAD 44u
Long Term Member

Post by BAD 44u »

thats too simple that's why people don't do it like that.

looks good. you'll know if theres to much flex because the clutch wont disengage.
jimbob33
Regular

Post by jimbob33 »

i reckon you need to add a brace to it or remake the bracket out of thicker steel as i reckon its going to flex looks like it bout 2mm steel?

to fill that up will be a prick good idea to make a new res to fill it from inside or in the bay

that also looks similar to the cheep ones they use on trailers

good work mate thou should get this added to the workshop section
PSIGEM
Long Term Member

Post by PSIGEM »

you'll know if theres to much flex because the clutch wont disengage.
Yea just that the motor/box isnt in yet so not sure... But spose I'll just check it when we get to that point. It is pretty strong tho, I cant bend it by hand... I suppose it will depend on what clutch we use as well, may as well just brace it now and be done with it eh
to fill that up will be a prick good idea to make a new res to fill it from inside or in the bay
See here:
Now obviously with the resoviour under the dash is a problem but I will modify the cap to have a hose running to somewhere easily accessible to be a fill point... you can easily stick your head under the dash with a torch to check the level.
15uzu
Regular

Post by 15uzu »

I think I have an easier option with the refilling - go for a remote reservoir like used on the piazza - basically a cap with barb that replaces the bowl on the master cylinder & the the new bowl has a barb at the bottom that you remote mount in an easy accessible place & run a line back to the master cylinder. :wink:
jimbob33
Regular

Post by jimbob33 »

15uzu wrote:I think I have an easier option with the refilling - go for a remote reservoir like used on the piazza - basically a cap with barb that replaces the bowl on the master cylinder & the the new bowl has a barb at the bottom that you remote mount in an easy accessible place & run a line back to the master cylinder. :wink:
thats what i ment
PSIGEM
Long Term Member

Post by PSIGEM »

Is there any issues with using a master from another car with the slave off the rodeo? Like are Rodeo Masters matched to Rodeo Slaves or will any master still work with any slave?

Are they the same as brake masters and have different bore and stroke sizes and ill have to get one that matches?
paddles
Regular

Post by paddles »

PSIGEM wrote:Is there any issues with using a master from another car with the slave off the rodeo? Like are Rodeo Masters matched to Rodeo Slaves or will any master still work with any slave?

Are they the same as brake masters and have different bore and stroke sizes and ill have to get one that matches?
Yep, need a clutch master that matches or your ratio from master to slave will be out.
PSIGEM
Long Term Member

Post by PSIGEM »

Anyone know the Bore and stroke of a stock Rodeo one?
T-Humph
Chatterbox

Re: Is this Hydraulic Clutch Setup ok?

Post by T-Humph »

How did this end up working out!? Strength wise ect real keen as it looks simple and i parted a rodeo so i have the stuff needed thanks