Carbie Questions (Well advice really)

General Gemini Chat
Forum for all gemini based chat & questions
FAT93M
Regular

Carbie Questions (Well advice really)

Post by FAT93M »

Sup guy, im in need of some minor advice, its to do with the setup of my 180 holley, just where the fuel hoses go, mainly the return hose, ive included pics, of how its setup at the moment.

My car runs fine with it atm, but just wondering if its the right way, or if it should be different :?

Cheers, Dean

p.s with the pics, yes at the moment i have the return hose connected to the sending hose for the fuel, strange, i think it is, but it works :?

Bradlze
Regular

Post by Bradlze »

ok it runs fine but have you driven it yet?
FAT93M
Regular

Post by FAT93M »

lol sorry, yer ive been driving it for around maybe 2months now, no problems yet, but i know if there isnt a problem, why change it for?..i just wanna know if theres a better option thats all
Gemi Coupe
Long Term Member

Post by Gemi Coupe »

its all good, you shouldn't have any problems with that setup. the fuel reaches the carbie through the main line and returns through the return line, obviosly. even though there is only one line into the carb it will allways draw enough fuel to keep the float tank full, even at full noise. this setup will prevent excessive pressure inside the float bowl that can occur on other "in, out" setups when a larger flowing fuel pump or higher pressure pump is fitted. if anything your pump will last longer and flow better as it doesnt have to act against much restriction in the fuel lines, with the exception of the filter, however your fuel pressure at the float bowl will be slightly lower due to the lack of resistance in the lines. its probably not very noticable though.