VT commodore big brake upgrade kits coming to a * near you!!

General Gemini Chat
Forum for all gemini based chat & questions
LOK15
Gemini Master

VT commodore big brake upgrade kits coming to a * near you!!

Post by LOK15 »

I know alot of people are hunting these , im in the final stage of obtaining all the parts needed , and am looking at doing the budget basic kit , and the full ready to bolt on kit.

the budget kit will be the hub with studs, rotor ( drilled to 4 stud ) , brake mounting bracket modded to bolt onto the gem stub axle and the short brake line adaptor.

the full kit will be hub with studs and bearings , rotor drilled to 4 stud , brake caliper ( new/reco depending on what i can get at a good price ) VT-X brake master cylinder and adaptor hose.

The VT master cylinder will have an adapter made for it for straight bolt on , for TF-G brake boosters , and also for the TC-D-E , although the remote master used on the early TX cannot be used as im not making anything to suit. You can however , remote mount the reservior yourself if needed ( twin side draught carbs )

there will be a price difference between these , as the cheaper one will mean you buy the missing parts yourself ( brake caliper , bearings master cyl etc ) ,which means you'll have to have the bearing shells pressed in yourself and buy either new or "reco" calipers.

I'll be doing 10 kits firstly at COST price , that WILL NOT include any labour i take in pressing , drilling , or running around to source these parts. the 10 kits will only be in 4 stud , and have been made to fit any 15" or larger wheel.

these kits WILL require a master cylinder upgrade to keep your pedal at factory original height , and not be soft and spongey.

As soon as i have a full listing of the prices i will post them up.
Getting too old for this s*#t!!
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Re: VT commodore big brake upgrade kits coming to a * near y

Post by Jonno »

As mentioned previously.
In.
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
fat_tx

Post by fat_tx »

Lok I've got a pair of the girling volvo calipers here already and I want to run smaller diameter discs than the commodore option for smaller wheels.

I was looking at running one of your hubs in 5x114.3
Girling calipers
And Tiida discs drilled to 5 stud as they are 260mm ventilated with a 68mm centre hole and similar width to original gem items so offsets will hopefully remain close.

Do you reckon this setup will work together?
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

Honestly i have no idea... All i could suggest is grab some hubs and throw it together... you might be onto a winning combination without even realising it.. mind you , are you getting the tiida rotors in blanks? double drilling isnt legal here in qld unless you have a minimum 12mm gp between holes , which isnt possible when going from 5 stud down to 4 stud on the same disc.

EDITED: for more info on the double drilling.
Last edited by LOK15 on Thu May 14, 2015 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fat_tx

Post by fat_tx »

Yeah I'd get blanks... Might give it a crack!
kizza mcgrath
Regular

Post by kizza mcgrath »

i like this post :)
im in, i need this for my coupe..
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

Ok , i now have hubs , wheel bearings , studs and almost finshed VX master adapter. The discs i have fund a supplier and will be drilling them to 4 stud on my mill... These should be ready within a month. My competitor doesnt seem to want to fix his issues , so i am , and i'll listen to feedback and resolve any problems that are encountered.