350 Holley on TE gemini

General Gemini Chat
Forum for all gemini based chat & questions
Brody Robertson
n00b

350 Holley on TE gemini

Post by Brody Robertson »

Hey everyone, i want to know what i exactly need for a 350 holley to sit on my stock manifold, not going crazy with buying new manifolds. What adaptors and stuff do i need?
LOK15
Gemini Master

Re: 350 Holley on TE gemini

Post by LOK15 »

you'll need the weber to gemini manifold adapter , then the holley 350 to weber adapter bolted to that.
Getting too old for this s*#t!!
Turbocoupe75
Long Term Member

Post by Turbocoupe75 »

why a Holley 350? The 38/38DGMS weber is good too!
#Turbocoupe75
TurboGemini

Post by TurboGemini »

You could get any 2 barrel Holley adaptor plate and weld it directly to the stock intake manifold. I've seen this done before, seems to work well. But you,d need to port out the plenum and runners a lot to make the swap to the Holley worthwhile, or else the manifold won't flow the air the carb can supply. And you wouldn't bother on a small engine like a 1600.

In pretty much every case I can think of, you'd be better off with something like the weber 38DGS carb. Or the 32/36 for the smaller lower output engines.

If you need more than what these can supply, I think the manifold is the bottleneck, not the carb, possibly a 40mm down draught like a 40IDF would max out the manifold, I'd have to flow bench it to see. After that, you could go to a single DCOE pretty cheaply.
www.turbogemini.com
Turbo kits - Brake kits - Blow Through Carby kits - EFI kits