GREGORY'S MANUAL ONLINE

General Gemini Chat
Forum for all gemini based chat & questions
Poida
BANNED

Post by Poida »

Siddy1200 wrote:ur gunna scan ever page???
there is 192 pages in greg's tc-td book...

EDIT: i dont think ur talking about gregory's manual anymore.
That's NOTHING!! I scanned all 900 plus pages from the Piazza manual and that took weeks. It is made from stapled sections that were safe to fold over.

The Isuzu manuals would take longer and it would destroy the manuals doing it. They are tightly bound with glued spines. If I can get a second copy of each manual I'd be prepared to unbind and scan them but I don't wish to tear a good manual to pieces by folding it back over and over to scan pages.

The Gregory's manuals are readily available at between $5-$10 on eBay so why bother scanning them? Not worth the risk of prosecution as I'm sure Gregory's would be right on your case if they discovered you had done it. The'd win too.
gem_shane
Regular

Post by gem_shane »

See i just want the Engine removal one. Just one :D Sall i need.
Buckna
Long Term Member

Post by Buckna »

Poida wrote:
The Gregory's manuals are readily available at between $5-$10 on eBay so why bother scanning them? Not worth the risk of prosecution as I'm sure Gregory's would be right on your case if they discovered you had done it. The'd win too.
they cant prosecute me for having a copy of my own manuals on my computer and my own private password protected website for my own use/perusal/back up copy.

not to mention my website was paid for by someone in canada, who used his mums credit card, and she is now dead, so they can sue the dead lady, they cant pin ownership of that site onto me ;)
gene wrote:Lok for mod………………… HAHAHAAHAHA not realy???? LOL. When hell freezes over and cocks fall from the heavens
Poida
BANNED

Post by Poida »

Seriously, why bother going to that effort to provide a manual for someone. I can understand duplicating the genuine manuals but not the Gregory's.

Here is a sample listing using the search "gemini manual".
Search Results

I know what you are saying but is it worth the time and effort when there are literally thousands of the same manuals on offer each year?

Each forum member has the same opportunity to buy them and seriously, they should be one of the first 'extras' purchased after buying the car.
Buckna
Long Term Member

Post by Buckna »

I never bought one :P mine came free with my car (thanks SHEEL! :))

I dunno I suppose its a fair bit of effort, but it would be a good online reference to link to...

if i had the original workshop manuals, they'd have already been scanned a long time ago, books arent reliable, i'd have copies of it everywhere...
gene wrote:Lok for mod………………… HAHAHAAHAHA not realy???? LOL. When hell freezes over and cocks fall from the heavens
Poida
BANNED

Post by Poida »

Well I don't mind doing the work if I have some manuals to strip and scan AND most of all it's only available to access in a secure section of the site preferrably on an annual subscription basis. I'd like some form of payment for the time and cost setting it up. I might even set about doing it on my own site seeing though it is "The Workshop Manual"
MichaelS
n00b

Re: GREGORY'S MANUAL ONLINE

Post by MichaelS »

is there a TX manual online or not?