Hall effect sensor, no pickup

General Gemini Chat
Forum for all gemini based chat & questions
vivoacer
Regular

Hall effect sensor, no pickup

Post by vivoacer »

Im getting no pickup from my hall effect sensor, now all the settings in the ecu are fine its been sent off to be checked.
Its a honeywell gt101 used with a 6" 36-1 tooth wheel, the wiring is 5v positive, signal and ground.
Now a couple things that could be affecting it that i can think of are as follows:
1. The wheel has been painted in black enamel
2. The sensor is grounded via the block and is also grounded via the ground wire
3. The sensor wiring is in a shielded cable from the ecu, i was told by the shop i purchased it from to run the 5v power in the shield aswell, coukd that possibly be causing dramas?
4. Every time i disconnect the ground from the sensor with the ecu on and then i touch the wires together the fuel pump primes for 2 seconds similar to when the ecu first fires up.
Anyone have any experience with these sensors?
TC g161z turbo daily
Adaptronic e420d, proboost gt2871

TG g161z drift car.
- G161z 1643cc, twin 40 dcoe webers.
14.994 @ 89.96/91.41mph
115.2whp @ only 6200rpm
moley
Long Term Member

Re: Hall effect sensor, no pickup

Post by moley »

was it previously working or is it your first go?
is it an after market ecu and can you see that its not picking up?
sometimes if you have the settings or the timing range wrong it will pick up nothing,
the power shouldn't affect it, its usually high frequency radio that affects sensor input but you could try removing the pin and running a jumper wire.
Does the ground need to come from the ecu? some sensor circuits on some ecus must come from the sensor negative.
Does it need a 1K pull up resistor on it to filter the signal?
Im just trying to think what else I have had with these in the past, just check the wiring from the sensor too if it had a plug on it already have had 2 map sensors with the pins backwards.
Coupe rebuild number 6..
viewtopic.php?t=44564
vivoacer
Regular

Post by vivoacer »

First time starting it up.

The ecu is an adaptronic e420d, i sent the ecu file and a log of me cranking it over to them af they said the ecu settings are fine and its a pickup issue.

I ran a 12v wire to it instead of the 5v but there was no change, the 5v wire was still in the shield though. ( everyone is saying the power wire in the shield wont affect it)

The CAS has a seperate ground from the sensor ground, its supplied in the shielded cable.

They have a built in pull up resister in the ecu i believe.

Im getting fed up now, im going to try and run the shielded cable away from the injector wires and remove the 5v and run a 12v ignition down the shield instead.
TC g161z turbo daily

TG g161z drift car.
14.994 @ 89.96/91.41mph
115.2whp @ only 6200rpm
goldgem
Regular

Post by goldgem »

I had this same drama when I set up the haltech ps1000 in my piazza gem. its running a 4ze1 dizzy as the crank trigger and Hyundai coils. I sent my cranking datalog to haltech and they said it was fine. I sent the ECU to be tested and it was fine. I wasn't seeing any outputs from the ECU. it turns out that it was only the coil module I had been supplied, it was the wrong one. only took 1 month to discover that
1977 tc gemini
vivoacer
Regular

Post by vivoacer »

All sorted, turns out i had the ecu wired to acessories and not ignition, everytime you crank the engine over acessories would cut out and the ecu would turn off ( looked like it was on to me during the log )
TC g161z turbo daily

TG g161z drift car.
14.994 @ 89.96/91.41mph
115.2whp @ only 6200rpm