EOI: Custom Gemini diff conversion R&D and manufacture

Technical Disscusion Forum will be used for in depth threads that are moved here by a mod/admin member.... everyone is welcome to add their input, but only on topic replys
PSIGEM
Long Term Member

Post by PSIGEM »

Why bother spending that amount of money on a LSD?
A locker shaved a full second off my time at the drags and that was only with a mild motor... the more power u get the more you need a LSD/Locker...

But itd be nice to have it all legal and not have to worry everytime you see a cop if it was LSD
I love old cheeseburgers ...
aussiesport
n00b

Post by aussiesport »

not being a smartarse or anything but ! why not go the nine inch shorted with a full spool and strange axles( 28/31/35 spline) etc and use a control arm kit from mcdonald bros racing can use heaps of diffrent ratio's etc !!!???? is only a question !
eskylid
Chatterbox

Post by eskylid »

main thing gemini owners want is a strong LEGAL diff option, which fullspool is not
Gene FJ20DEBT
Supreme Overlord

Post by Gene FJ20DEBT »

aussiesport wrote:not being a smartarse or anything but ! why not go the nine inch shorted with a full spool and strange axles( 28/31/35 spline) etc and use a control arm kit from mcdonald bros racing can use heaps of diffrent ratio's etc !!!???? is only a question !
cos its not legal and its about 3 times the cost
"No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough."

aussiesport
n00b

Post by aussiesport »

k :) just askin is all :)
lynn1221
n00b

Post by lynn1221 »

Price wise, we are looking at somewhere between $2500 and $3000 for point 5. Although seemingly expensive, bolt in LSDs for other cars (such as those from KAAZ) are not much less pricey than this. Additionally, parts 1-4 can be purchased relatively cheaply - approx $300 for a Gemini Diesel diff, $150 for the torque tube, $100 for the torque tube rubber and $800 for the axles. Running a total not far off your common 9 inch/Borg Warner 4 link conversion.
jonson15
n00b

Post by jonson15 »

A trade LSD organization cause the Constellation Diesel structure and area. Based on the topical search finished by the workshop I am dealing with, an R33 GTR lift LSD has galore specs that would attain it an alternative. This would be alongside a suite of tradition machined parts. Plain points 1-4 score been finished numerous nowadays already and hump been proven to run. It is part 5 where the most R&D and tailored organization work present be through, and thus where the most expenditure gift be. Amount 5 is comfort state investigated, and it is the authentic expressions of powerfulness in this intellection that instrument support displace this forwards.